Sign in to follow this  
Irv

Another Hydro question

Irv

The only hydro I have is a C-121 I recently restored. I have only used it a few times in the past to push some dirt with a 48" blade and it worked fine, plenty of power. I recently put a deck on it and mowed the yard and noticed that if I set the speed with the lever and am on level ground it will eventually speed up (lever doesn't move) and when I come to a hill it will slow down. Of course when I adjust the lever it will slow down or speed up whenever I want. There is fresh oil in the tranny and it is full, no leaks. My question is can it be the filter (it might be original) or is there an adjustment that needs to be made. thanks in advance for any help. :)

Brrly1

Well my suggestion if you just replaced the oil why didn't you replace the filter. How could it be freshly restored? I don't understand. When you change the oil in your car do you replace the filter? I am not trying to be a smart a$$ but I think that goes with the territory. I don't believe the filter has anything to do with you motor speed. My guess would bemaybe the governor is set incorrectly. Its only a guess but I would drop the oil and this time change the Filter. Wheel Horse Filter

See Ya, Bye

Burly :)

:USA:

Retired Wrencher

:) :USA::wh::) I agree with Brrly about the the Governor may not be working write and if u do change the oil and filter I use a small amount of H.D. Lucas oil stable. this stuff is amazing with oil and what it can do. T/Care Gary B....

tgranthamfd

Mine kinda does the same thing. It slows, a bit, in the turns then kinda levels back out on the straight aways. Thought it maybe was supposed to do that, hydro's is new to me. Mine, too, has all fresh fluids and filter but I used the Napa cross that was suggested on here. Mine is a C-145 w/ sundstrand hydro.

rickv1957

A little change in speed depending on ground conditions is pretty common with the hydros,Rick

Brrly1

I am sorry but I haven't ever seen a post where the Napa filter was suggested to use on here. I don't remember what the post # is, But The Duke proved that the Wheel Horse filter was the best. If it's available I would suggest using it versus some aftermarket filter. Yes you might have to pay a few dollars more but I have to belive its worth every penny. I guess the decision yours. See Ya, Bye

Burly :)

:USA:

gwgdog66
I am sorry but I haven't ever seen a post where the