Sign in to follow this  
hcminis

Suburban 401 Idler Pulley

hcminis

Hello everyone. Here is another stupid question. Trying to replace of fix my 401 idler pulley. The bearing were locked on the original pulley. Have another pulley with good bearings and want to swap them out. Well thought the idler stud was pressed in but now thinking it was. Looked at the manuals and it appears to have a snap ring but there wasn't one on my original stud. Thought maybe the straight head on the outside was a screw that was holding the pulley on with a washer but nothing in the manual confirms this. Nothing is matching with what I have and the manual.

Could someone please help me with this? I just need the correct stud and jam nut along with the snap ring.

1272 Snap Ring

3632 Stud-idler Pin

1062 Jam Nut

1616 Idler Pulley (already have)

1522 Bronze Bearing (already have in pulley) at least think I do.

This is what my stud looks like now. Used the press to get it out since I didn't see anything that was holding it in.

DSC03108.jpg

DSC03109.jpg

hcminis

Anyone?

Was able to secure another pulley with the stud but still trying to figure out how the pulley is removed from the stud. Pulley / Stud that I found might have a squeeky bearing. Therefore, may need a new pulley so I need to find out how it comes off the stud.

tgranthamfd

Seen some answers about that on here a while back, but I can't remember exactly where. Had one laying around here to look at for reference, but can't seem to find it either. :) Guess I am not much help, at all, tonight. If I run across it, I will put you a link up.