Sign in to follow this  
MalMac

520H VS 520H

MalMac

I have been using my 94 520H all summer. I Went to move my other 90 520H and notice that the steering wheel seem to be at a different angle. Is it just my imagination or does the 90 520's steering wheel seem to have a flater angle than the 94's ? Hope I got the point across. I can't really figure out any other way to describe it. The steering wheels are identical.

300zx

I have a 90, 91 and 93 and didn't realize until the other day that the 90 does not have the high ratio steering like the 91-97. If you look at the bottom end of the steering shaft on the 90 and compare it to the 94, you will see what I mean. I think that is why they are at different angles.

MalMac

300ZX, I never even thought of that. I did know that the 90 had the conventional steeering set up but I did not think to look at the different angle. I will tell you that I do not care for the angle the steering wheel is at on the 90. To me it is just not that comfortable. There is not enough room between the motion lever and the steering wheel. Its easy to catch your knuckles on the lever. I have an extra steering reduction setup that I was going to install. I wonder if it will go up through the dash assembly ok?

300zx

I really don't know what you would have to change to put that gear reduction set on, but I have noticed the same thing about the clearance between the steering wheel and the levers. I am new to the 520's (just started working with them this Spring) and I need to thin my herd. The 90 will probably be one of the first to go.