Sign in to follow this  
dgoyette

Picked up a C-175

dgoyette

Picked this up last week. Came with the two stage blower, tiller, snow cab and chains.

All of it needs work and I would admit the pictures are a bit kind.

side%20view.jpg

The C-175 had sat behind a fellows house under a tarp for the last two years. It took me about 8 hours to get it running. Runs great at full throttle but will not idle yet. I have a carb repair kit on order. It does have the series 1 KT17 but I figure it is still running after 30 years so we will see how she does. Hydro runs strong so far.

C175%20right%20side.jpg

The really cool thing on the tires is they are filled with a rubber compound that is really heavy but not too hard so the ride isn't too bad. The front and rears are done. The rears weigh in at just over 100 pounds each. Haven't had the fronts off yet.

The tiller looks decent and everything turns. Tiller will need to be split and sealed it looks like.

Tiller.jpg

Everything turns on the blower but need the bad black paint job and rust stripped and paint.

Cab is ok but some fairly worn spots the picture isn't showing.

44%20inch%20two%20stage.jpg

Deck has one small hole at the rear but everything else is solid and spins great.

42%20rear%20discharge%20deck.jpg

rear%20view%20-%20package%20deal.jpg

So what can I say...I just can't say no to a Wheel Horse for sale. With the one I have coming from Duane I am out of room again...doh!

Now for a couple of questions, hope they don't get buried in this thread but..

1. How much play should be in the isolation mounts? I know that is a bit subjective but I think these are gone. Even engaging the PTO will move the engine back some. The only reason I am asking and not just replacing is that they are over $100 to replace the set. So want to make sure! I nearly choked at the price of these because I paid $400 for the whole package. Now $100 for mounts seems crazy.

2. Does anyone have the model number for the two stage blower? Or better yet a PDF of the owners manual?

Thanks!

Matthew hurst

Nice find :thumbs::D:D :thanks:

Sparky

Four bills for all that stuff?? You done good :thumbs: .

Mike........

Ken B

You did very well for that tractor and all them goodies! The rear fender tub looks to be in very nice condition. :thumbs: Don't worry about the Series 1 Kohler. If you aren't riding on slopes then just enjoy it. If it blows sky high you still got a pretty good deal.

tgranthamfd

If they are the same, I just bought 4 ISO mounts, for my C-145 Auto, and paid $68.?? plus shipping, of coarse. Got them from Mowpart.com . I threw the paper away but I think they were $17. something each. Hope this helps some.

dgoyette

Four bills for all that stuff?? You done good :thumbs: .

Mike........

Well like I said the pictures are kind. I told the guy that it was a gamble for me since it was not running. I said $100 for the non-running tractor (w/deck) and $100 for each implement and he was fine with it. Told him if he got it running I could go more on the tractor but he didn't want to be bothered. Main issue was broken ground wire.

Still I know I got a good deal and he was just happy to get it out because his wife had been nagging for some time :D