Sign in to follow this  
shennosy

help sunstrand Tranny

shennosy

Is ther something I'm missing? 1)oil is leaking from drain plug,2)tranny is jerky,3) tranny runs hot,4)but the dip stick shows proper level. I'm confused. is the dip stick to the rear diff. only. or for the both tranny and rear diff. on b-100 help

rickv1957

Dip stick covers both trans and pump,Rick

shennosy

Then why am I running hot and jerky, can't touch tranny. but oil level is normal

rickv1957

Is your trans and pump clean so they can get some air,Rick

WheelHorse_of_course

Then why am I running hot and jerky, can't touch tranny. but oil level is normal

1) Is the fan still there will all blades?

2) Are you running the engine at 3/4 to full throttle?

3) Does it have the right fluid in it? It should be either engine oil (brown) or\\OR Dextron III (red). You cannot mix the two nor can you easily switch between the two.

4) When was the last fluid change?

5) When was the last filter change?

6) How jerky? Do you have a basis for comparison? There is some learning curve to operate these smoothly. If the tension on the control lever is too high or too low it makes it harder.

Best of luck.

:D :thumbs:

shennosy

when I get home I'll reply . thanks

shennosy

Manual says 10w 40w 6 qrts, I could only get 2.2 qrts in and I change every 50 hrs. color clear. A year ago there was no play in the lever. now when try to get close to a tree its not as steady ,smooth,unless I go fully forward or reverse with lever. use to be I could'nt budge it when I wanted to move it with out releasing the pump. now it will move 6-12 inches with out release.

tgranthamfd

What's it on? Mine called for 5qts. on the C-145. I am new to the hydro's, but I read that there are some adjustments you can do. I just got mine, so I took the seat and fender deck off along with the control cover, and went to the car wash and blew all kinds of nasty crap off of and out of mine. All of the fins on the hydro was full of 30 years worth of grass and dirt. Changed the fluid and filter, works great and doesn't seem to run hot either.

bmuone

Make sure you have the trans filter and not just an oil filter.

shennosy

You have something there! I'll check with my WH dealer tomarrow about the filter

rustynut

is the belt to loose ???? maybe its slippin on it I dont know just a thought

WheelHorse_of_course

Manual says 10w 40w 6 qrts, I could only get 2.2 qrts in and I change every 50 hrs. color clear. A year ago there was no play in the lever. now when try to get close to a tree its not as steady ,smooth,unless I go fully forward or reverse with lever. use to be I could'nt budge it when I wanted to move it with out releasing the pump. now it will move 6-12 inches with out release.

Does the problem get worse as the transmission warms up?

shennosy

I want to thank everyone for their responses,all were an education. Iwas given the wrong filter. Fifthteen dollars later new (transmission) filter runs like a champ. thank you