Sign in to follow this  
rodco

C series Hydro plastic Cam

rodco

While using my tractor today to move dirt, the hydro lever got jammed in reverse and almost killed me. I had to disconnect the drive pulley to stop quick.

Once running again, I could not move the lever forward and if I put it in reverse it would take off again.

I took apart the fender and plate over the control lever. I found the Cam pin was no longer in the hole and had one hell of a time removing it. I finally got the cam plate and pin out and the plates seems to be cracked a bit. I put things back and she ran fine all afternoon. I did grease the hell out of the pin, cam plate and other parts as they were bone dry.

My questions is:

1- What caused the pin to jump out of place?

2- If I buy a new plate, what will prevent the pin from doing the same thing?

3- Is there a good source for that plate? I saw it on ebay for like $16.00

Thanks

ROBERT

4878111212_fb3d505d2e.jpg

4877501597_b191504da7_z.jpg

jdog_kustoms

make shure the frame is not cracked around the mounting bolts on the rear i sold a c 160 that has some hydro issues with moving the lever and found the frame to be craked and leting the ball come out like yours

rodco

make shure the frame is not cracked around the mounting bolts on the rear i sold a c 160 that has some hydro issues with moving the lever and found the frame to be craked and leting the ball come out like yours

Thanks for the advice, but would clear things up for me.

When you say the frame.. do you mean the TRACTOR frame?

And when you say Rear are you meaning the Transmission itself?

So I assume when you say mounting bolts you mean the Mounting bolts that would hold the transmission to the tractor frame...?

Thanks

jdog_kustoms

yes if you look under your tractor towards the rearend there are 4 bolts the bolt frame to the rear the frame crakes around these

rickv1957

The cam itself is still availiable for 12.00,Rick

Trouty56

The C-160 I have now, the one Jdog is referring to, had the same problem. On mine the ball was riding just above the hole in the plate it was supposed to go in. Looks like yours was there but then really went higher. I'm going to experiment with a washer behind the ball to maybe extend it into the plate a little further to see if it helps. Mine was caused by a cracked frame we think like Jdog explained. However it could have been from a lack of lubrication like you mentioned too. :)

rodco

Well I order a new plate on ebay. It arrived very quickly.

I installed it yesterday and have been using the tractor. It is working very well so far.

I did grease up the cam, ball and track very well.

I did think I saw some hairline cracks on the lower two mounting bolts of the transmission, I will clean up that area and check it out better