Sign in to follow this  
Lane Ranger

Getting Ready for the Tipton Show

Lane Ranger

Mid-America Threshing and Antigue Engine Show at Tipton, Indiana Fairgrounds on August 12th and 13th.

http://www.tiptonthreshing.com/

Lawn and Garden Tractors will be participating in a plowing demonstration.

100_8819.jpg

Two of the Ralph Family 1054's will be participating.

[url=http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww284/LaneRanger104/Wheel%20Horse%20Garden%20Plow%20Photos/?action=view

Lane Ranger

Here is a link to Tipton's Mid-Amerca Threshing and Antique, Inc. show flyer for this week:

http://www.tiptonthreshing.com/images/2010flyer.pdf

The 36th Annual Threshing & Antique Show will be held at the 4-H Fairgrounds in Tipton Indiana.

We hope to see some other Wheel Horses at this show which is held at a very nice county fairgrounds on the southside of Tipton.

100_8823.jpg

:thumbs:

JimD

Wow Lane, that old girl is really turning that sod over nicely! :thumbs:

Retired Wrencher

:D :thanks::wh::beer: Wow Lane that my friend is a nice tractor u do not see many of those around in that shape. it looks like a worker for shore. I two like the old Stater/Gen series engines. I hope u have many years of enjoyment with your 1054. Gary B........... :thumbs: :D

rickv1957

Tractor looks great at work! :thumbs: Rick

Roger from southern Iowa

Looking good!!

That outfit is doing a nice job. :thumbs:

Lane Ranger

If you look closely in the rear wheel on the left you can see the original wheel horse ww-93 wheel weights that went on the 953/1054 and GT-14 15 inch wheels -on the inside. Those babies add 140 lbs to the back of the tractor and those ag tires and weight makes that plow set real nice in the soil.

The tractor in the video with the plow is actually powered by a 12 HP Kohler K-301 so I guess it should be a 1964 - Wheel Horse 1254!

That plow is suppose to be the 12 made special for the 1054. It was only used a few times as the point had never really been set correctly. We bent the tongue and placed another hole on the set screw to give the plow a little more flexibility.

We also made four heavy duty snowplow skids this weekend for our 1054 54 inch snow/dozer blades. They have a habit of wearing out. We made our's twice as thick and at a lot less cost than the $58.00 a piece replacement costs.

Here are two photos of the old ones and I will post a shot or two of the tools and bowls we made before welding the 3/4 inch shafts on for the new snowplow skids.

102_7253.jpg

102_7258.jpg

jpmcleod

Lane. Good to see you at work. Tractor looks really nice. I have got to get me a pair of those overalls, they look confortable.

Hurry up and come to Florida. I have your mower deck waiting for you. Got moved into my new shop over the weekend. Hopefully photo's will be comng soon.

Remember the Florida Freewheelers show in Feb. and try to make it.

Lane Ranger

Here are some more photos of the tools and "bowls" for the snowplow skids that are wiating for the 3/4 inch steel rod to be welded on.

These will go on the 54 inch wheel horse snoplows used on the 1054 tractors and others.

4140 steel was used and the bowls are twice as thich as the old Wheel Horse skids.

Also the bowls will be sanded and ground for dressing up the finished look.

100_8810.jpg

100_8805.jpg

100_8804.jpg

wh310-8

Will their be folks selling parts for wheel horses there? Looking for a few things. I am hoping I can pick some of it up either at Tipton or Portland show. Looking for fender and not sure what other part called,but would be tool box/shifter sheet metal that would fit a 856 I'm trying to restore. Thank you!

rustynut

i wish i could go but got no way to get there

Lane Ranger

There will be vendors of supplies, food, etc. Not sure about how many wheel horse related vendors or items. This is my first time there. The Fairgrounds people running the show asked us to come in June when we were there for my dad's blacksmith demonstration with the Indiana Blacksmith's Association.

My uncle will be there in the am so I should be able to make a report on the opering day later tomorrow.

Lane Ranger

Here are some photos of the replacement snow/dozer skids for the 54 inch Wheel Horse plows we made last weekend.

Original skid is in the center of this photo.

100_8876.jpg

Original Skid is on the right in this photo. They are about 1/8 thick in the bowl. The replacement skids we made are about 1/4 inch thich of 4140 steel.

100_8874.jpg