Sign in to follow this  
Wheel Horse Fan

Have you seen a Wheel Horse Like this before?

Wheel Horse Fan

Check this thing out. (Not mine and I don't know the person selling it, just thought it was a bit wild)

Wheel Horse Swamper

C-Series14

Yes I have. I know the man who built it. It is designed after the full size tractors that used the same idea...

wallfish

I would consider buying it but the exhaust pipes look a little too small for me. :thumbs:

FarmerJim

I too have seen this before- pretty unique set up. As I understand this evolved from a creation back in the 20's-30's to run on snow saw an old movie of a Fordson tractor set up like this and man could it bust the drifts!

Duff

Jim, this may have been the movie you saw?

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5565108

Not to get too far off-topic, my uncle hand built a snow machine in the late 1950's before they were commercially available around here. He built his own frame and mounted a 3 cylinder Saab two stroker mated to a Harley tranny, all pushing the gears and chain from a gutter cleaner system driving a track made with split fire hose and angle iron cross-ties/traction bars. As I recall he used a motorcycle handle bar (Maybe from rhe same Harley he salvaged the tranny from), Lord knows what for a front suspension and modified water skis with bolted on runners up front. The seats came out of a VW beetle. What little I remember of it was it was pretty beefy, very noisy, and for what it was, rather fast! Ah - the memories!

Duff :thumbs:

FarmerJim

This is not the exact movie I saw but the tractor and the car seem to be the same. I just think it would be a riot to operate either one of these vehicles sur looks lke they are drift busters. wouldn't want to get one really stuck though :thumbs:

Duff

wouldn't want to get one really stuck though :thumbs:

Amen on that! :D

Duff

rickv1957

Quite a machine there!,Rick

KC9KAS

I too have seen the old film clip. Thought it was quite interesting. Does the WH tractor thingy really float & work on the water?

hounddoghundzsa

Neat looking for sure! Always wanted to see one with tracks on it though!!

Matthew hurst

(Neat looking for sure! Always wanted to see one with tracks on it though!! ) Here is a picture of one that I saw on here.2008WHSHOW126.jpg

VinsRJ

Cool looking machine... but man..... :thumbs: