Sign in to follow this  
Cleaverkid

Weird change in behavior after fluid change

Cleaverkid

Hey guys,

I've used my GT-14 a couple of times now after getting the hose replaced and the fluid changed (just put in new Dexron III & filter) and noticed a weird change in behaviour. Forward seems to be just fine, but for some reason the reverse seems to be on a hair trigger and not easily controlled. In other words, a slight movement backwards with the control lever causes the tractor to move backwards like a scared jackrabbit. I've finally figured out that if I"m very careful with the movement I can get something slower than full reverse, but boy did that change from before when I had a pretty good range of motion and speed.

Got any ideas what's going on? Will new fluid cause this?

Thanks for all your help and advice!

Joe

Brrly1

Cleaverkid, I guess my question to you would be, did you use a Wheel Horse filter or aftermarket? Not real sure if it matters but I have only used Wheel Horse filters and haven't had any problems like that with my GT's. I do have a few of them. Good Luck See Ya, Bye Burly :D

:thumbs:

Cleaverkid

Brrly (I still can't spell that right! :thumbs: ),

No I did not use a Toro/Wheel Horse filter because no one in town had one. I got the NAPA counterpart using the number from other threads on this website. I can't remember the number now, but I do know that it was specifically labeled for hydraulic applications.

Thanks for the response!

Joe