Sign in to follow this  
Butch

Installing Clevis assembly

Butch

Hi.

I can't seem to find where the clevis cable, not chain, goes through the tube to connect to the bell crank lift arm. :omg: I doubt the tube was even lined up to go through anywhere.

As you sit on the tractor the bell crank has 2 lift arms. :wh: A left and a right. :thanks: Looking at the instruction sheet it looks to attach to the arm on the left which looks to make sense because of the arms position to lift a rear implement.

But I'll be darn if I can locate the correct location to align the tube to make it go through the left side. :thumbs: then where ever it does go through does not look like it will properly align with either lift arm UNLESS a large new hole was drilled to be aligned with it. :banghead::D

Now that those who read this are thoroughly confused can anyone help? :D:beer:

Thanks

C-Series14

I would have to go out and look at my C-175 Twin Auto and tell you exactly but I have an appt. to go to. Will be back later. I can tell you that it does work! :thumbs: It should be the more bent tube, the 8-Speed is more straight, it does hook to the lift arm on the left, the one that points down, the tube does go towards the left, but other than taking a pic, that is all I can explain. Hopefully, others are around today to help, I will check back when I get home...

Butch

I would have to go out and look at my C-175 Twin Auto and tell you exactly but I have an appt. to go to. Will be back later. I can tell you that it does work! :thumbs: It should be the more bent tube, the 8-Speed is more straight, it does hook to the lift arm on the left, the one that points down, the tube does go towards the left, but other than taking a pic, that is all I can explain. Hopefully, others are around today to help, I will check back when I get home...

Thanks Mike. What you said makes sense because I've been two days looking at it and figuring out how it would work. I'll wait until you get home BUT I don't know if you'll see anything. Right now I have a lot of parts off replacing hydraulic lines. Thanks and don't go overboard. Either ya can see it or ya can't.

Butch

Mike by the way I only have 1 tube and it's bent pretty good. I have it off the tractor presently. It didn't look liked it was aligned with anything so now I was looking for an opening/hole to line it up with.

C-Series14

Didn't see much but I believe it goes thru a slot in the plate that is bolted to the top of the frame near where the tranny bolts up. I would have to dig into it further. the tube has a half washer welded to it at the rear section, that is to lock it in place with the clamp that bolts to the top of the tranny at the rear. I think you will figure it out, if not...we can hope someone knows more or has one tore apart! :thumbs:

Butch

Thanks mike. I'll take a look. I just got back with 4 new hydraulic lines for the lift. $300.00 WOW!!!

C-Series14

Double wow! :thumbs::D

I got some lines made at Vermeer for my C-195 3 pt.

rickv1957

Butch,do you need me to come out and help you :thumbs: Rick

Butch

Not yet Rick. I wanna use you as my last resort. I don't wanna use my last life line, dial a friend quite yet!! This way makes me think harder!! :thumbs: :D

rickv1957

Not yet Rick. I wanna use you as my last resort. I don't wanna use my last life line, dial a friend quite yet!! This way makes me think harder!! :thumbs::D

Butch,you will get it figured out! :D Rick

Butch

:thanks: WOWIE!! :wh: I got it!! :D:thumbs::D Banged, head, shin, nose, chin, knee, knuckles etc etc but by George I got it!!! Thanks mike!! I still have "Dial a Friend" Rick to use on the next project which will be replace those hour $300 hoses!!

stevasaurus

Way to go Butch...save those life lines. :thumbs: Nice talking with ya.

Butch

Way to go Butch...save those life lines. :thumbs: Nice talking with ya.

Thanks buddie!! :D :D

rickv1957

Butch,thats great! :D:thumbs: Rick

C-Series14

Glad ya got it.

Work on these long enough and you too will become a wizard :thumbs: at them!!! :D

Now if I can just figure out those A, B, and D Series!!! :D