Sign in to follow this  
alan freiheit

42 inch rear discharge

alan freiheit

Does any one know where I could buy the center and outer pulley's for a 42 inch Wheel Horse rear discharge mower deck with double D shafts. I dont have the model number or age of the mower deck. It was one of two decks that came with a 1974 C160 and I doubt it was original equipment. I've been online and visited a few Toro dealers; it appears the use of double D shafts was rare. We scanned several diagrams and found one occurance the use of Double D shafts and the pulleys were listed as "not available".

If the pulleys are not available, what are my options. Is there and after market spindle and pulley arrangement that could be used. I'd rather replace all three spindles and pulleys than scrap the whole deck. Other than the pulleys its in pretty good shape.

gwgdog66

I just sold a side discharge deck that had the double D spindles. It had cast iron drive pulley's on it. I was planning on converting those over to the same as my 05-42MS02 mower deck.

Docwheelhorse

I Have a 48" deck that looks like it jumped on a grenade to save all of its buddies.... but it has the double D spindles. Will the 48" ones interchange with a 42 unit???

Tony

alan freiheit

I ordered two new spindles with pulleys that are of the more conventional design. I wont be supprised if I need to replace the third as well.