Sign in to follow this  
Docwheelhorse

5KW Genset in Action....

Docwheelhorse

Hello All...

power went out about 3 hours ago and is still out.... wife called power company and there saying its an underground line and it might be awhile. Anyways---it turned out to be the perfect opportunity to take the 5 KW Genset I bought off Bob Montgomery and "stress test" it... I pulled out the 416-8 I bought at the 2010 WHCC show and threw the generator on. It is powering my house as I type this---I have plenty of gas ready to go and the genset works perfect--the 16 Kohler Mag one lunger is just purring along. The seat looks all messed up because I had to put a block of wood under it to keep the seat switch closed... :D Thanks Bob!!! :D

Tony

0730101948.jpg

P.S>--Thanks Wheel Horse for making the attachment!!! :thumbs:

JimD

I'm glad that's working out for you Doc. It's good to see it put into action, just sorry you had to. I hope they get your power back on soon. :thumbs:

Gene_S

That is very cool Doc!!! :thumbs:

The wife and I bought a Generac generator two years ago because the wind would blow side ways and the power would go out. Since we bought the generator, we have not had the power go out for more then a couple minutes... Must of scared the electric... :D

Docwheelhorse

Hi--power came back @ midnight after roughly 6 hours.... I was going to shut the generator off earler but my 7 yr old daughter had some friends over for a sleep over and the little ladies couldn't be without power... between the girls and my wife the generator did some heavy work powering the water pump and the boiler and the lights so they could all take the mandatory minimum 3 hour showers :thumbs: . I am out in the sticks and nobody is really close enough to get bothered by the sound besides the hoot owls so I just let it rip. Amazingly enough the Mag 16 just sipped gas.... I think I used a little over two gallons in 5 1/2 hours...

Tony

dobeleo

its kind of like having insurance, if you have it, you will never need it, lol