Sign in to follow this  
slufoot733

Tiger Tractors

slufoot733

Here are two Tiger Tractor model 883 tractors which I have maintained over the years. The red and green one was build in 1952 and was bought by my father in 1956 from a friend where he worked. The yellow and green one was obtained by me in 2001 for restoration. Both run great and are a ton of fun.

Tiger0001.jpg

Finished004.jpg

More info about Tiger Tractor Corp can be found at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tiger_tracto...sec=group&slk=2

Kevin

Horse'n Around

Those are cool, Ive never heard of a Tiger Tractor, but thats no surprise for someone where I live. Antique garden tractors are not common here. Im still waiting for word on a Porter Cable tractor that is near by,it looks like it is late 50's or very early 60's vintage.

Thanks for posting the pics and information, these early garden tractors in many ways are like the cars and trucks of the same era and even earlier, aside from being extremely well made andn distinct as to their design and construction,they are super classy unlike the cookie cutter machinery of all kinds that is made these days. I guess they could be called sexy in a strictly platonic and mechanical sort of way :D ... BTW I would never let my wife catch me describing a tractor or anything mechanical as sexy in anyway, I just dont think she would understand that at all :thumbs: ... OK Im gonna shut up now :D

John