Sign in to follow this  
Barb weatherall

312-8 cutting blades

Barb weatherall

:thumbs:

The grass is getting longer and longer here in Little Britain, Ontario (between Oshawa and Lindsay). I'm in need ASAP of blades for a 312-8. Best measurement I can determine is 40.5", 3 blades. Now, I may be measureing from the wrong points but I can't make it to be 42" so what would be the next down from there?

I've tried all the local obvious spots - including a near miss at TSC. Anyone have any ideas? - BEFORE I have to bale my lawn?

Sincere thanks,

Barb

rickv1957

:thumbs: Your deck about has to be a 42",3-14-1/4" blades,next size down on list is a 37"-2blade,Rick

Barb weatherall

I'd have to go and measure again but the blades are only 13+ inches. Could they have somehow been shortened?

rickv1957

Thats possible or the wrong blades,can you post a picture of your deck,Rick

Barb weatherall

So, I just went and measured them at 13 and 3/8 inches.

Know where I could buy them?

Since the cut was so poor, I could believe maybe they really have somehow been shortened. It was leaving two lines of uncut grass behind. Could someone have replaced the blades with the wrong ones? (We bought it used.) My imagination blows with the thought of the result of the blades being too long. :thumbs:

SAM58

I JUST ORDERED BLADES FOR MY 42 IN DECK.

APPARENTLY THE SIDE DISCHARGE DECK AND THE REAR DISCHARGE DECK USE DIFFERENT BLADES...

THE READ DISCHARGE CALLED FOR 14-1/2" BLADES.

THE SIDE DISCHARGE CALLED FOR 13-27/32" BLADES.

http://tewarehouse.com/Catalog/Toro-Wheelhorse_3

OPEN WEBPAGE, BOTH BLADES ARE LISTED ITEM 4 TOP RIGHT OF COLUMN.

ITEM 1 SECOND ROW.

I KNOW THAT THE SHORTER ONES ARE CORRECT FOR MY SIDE DISCHARGE

BECAUSE I MEASURED, AND THE 13-27/32" IS CLOSEST TO THE OLD ONES...

:thumbs::D

ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY INPUT??

Barb weatherall

Hi Rick.

Post a picture? I can barely work the computer, lol.

The deck is currently upside down. Can I take the picture like that? Also, I'll have to figure out how to post the picture so this might take me awhile.

stevasaurus

First Barb... :D Pictures...there is a thread explaining how to post pictures. I use Photobucket (free). You need an account so you can log-on upload photos and then use the mouse over the photo...go down to IMG left click...slide over and right click to copy. Open up thread in Red Square, set cursor and then right click and paste. It will look like computer language until you hit post. \

If that is too much, click on one of our names and send the picture in e_mail...we can then post it or help you from there. :D :thumbs:

gwgdog66

:thumbs:

The easiest way to tell if your side discharge or rear discharge mower deck is a 42 inch, is if the gage wheel adjustment is on the right side.

48 inch decks are on the left side.

C-Series14

Blades are measured from the sharp side tip across the center hole to the other side, sharp side tip...