Sign in to follow this  
slufoot733

Dad's old D-200

slufoot733

I inherited this 1978 D-200 from my father. He bought it new in March, 1978. He used it untill his passing in 1999. It was a maintance nightmare but he loved it. I plan to keep it in running condition. It needs some work but should make a good work machine.

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

Butch

A nice piece of equipment! :thumbs: Looks like he kept it pretty mint. I inherited my dads Might Mac chipper shredder after he died that he had for a good 25 years and I would never let it go. So now when it's our turn let's hope our kids keep our stuff!!

Beaver Falls was big into trains and steel. Was your dad in one of those occupations?

Butch

S. Jersey

Butch

Oops!! Forgot! :thumbs::D:D:thanks: :wh:

Operator

From one D owner to another :thumbs:

Seeing that snow gives me the shivers , I know it is coming again.

Randy

Kelly

Nice looking machine, you must be way up north it's near 90 here and you have snow.........

slufoot733

Thanks Butch. Yes, my father, and his partner, had a small metal fabricating plant in Ellwood City, PA. It was called BEAVER ADVANCE SCAFFOLDING. They made scaffolding and hoisting elevators for the construction industry. He retired in 1978 and bought himself the WH. He was like a kid on Christmas morning.

The tractor hasn't been used much over the past several years and it is in need of some TLC. The steering is out of whack, the engine is very temperamental and the PTO doesn't want to disengage completely. The snow thrower seems to be pretty good and the mower deck isn't too bad. I'm working on the steering right now and will try to get the engine to where it's more reliable. I don't plan to do a full restoration on it, I just don't have the time or money. I sure wish I had it running last Feb. when we got 22" of snow" My little JD w/snow plow wouldn't even move! That blower would have tore it up big time :thumbs:

Operator & Kelly, thanks much. I live in western PA. The photos were taken in Feb. right after the big snow we had here. I was trying to get it running but ran into too many issues, like the PTO and the steering not working right. I'll have her ready this coming winter though!

Kevin

KC9KAS

Nice looking inheritence.

Roger from southern Iowa

From another D owner to another D owner :D .

You get working right you will love it for it's ability as well as being "Dad's". :thumbs:

Mrs. Ed

Hi and :thumbs:

JimD

Thanks for sharing that very nice family heirloom with us. Hope all goes well getting her back in shape. It really looks like he pampered it. :D

I forgot... :thumbs:

rickv1957

:thumbs: Nice D-tractor! Rick

Duff

:D !

Nice machine, and thanks for sharing it with us! Plenty of knowledgable "D" owners around here to help you out with fixing things......

Duff :thumbs:

dgoyette

Nice D - glad to hear you are keeping it and fix it up. looks like minimal work for a fine tractor. If you get a storm that can't clean up you are in some serious trouble!

VinsRJ

:thumbs:

Always thought the D's were cool. Just a little to much machine for me :D

racinfool40

:thumbs: Looks like a pretty nice machine thanks for sharing "RACIN"

Arndts small engine repair

Hi very nice d tractor !! :thumbs: :D

bustedglass

Hi, and :D . Thats a good looking "D" you have there. Good luck with the repairs, Im sure you will have it up and running in no time :thumbs: .