Sign in to follow this  
jdog_kustoms

wheel horse salvage

W9JAB

I believe that this site is crying for a Wheel Horse salvage operation. I see posts every day, searching for parts.

and the profit potential through the roof, say you pick up a beater for $300.00 complete.

The motor alone would get you to even, and the rest is yours. Pulling parts and shipping can be a pain but that

jdog_kustoms

i think im gona start its just gona e a slow start and hope fully build from there and hopefully i will be starting next week buildin my shelves and gettin some invintory looked up and bought

rickv1957

I believe that this site is crying for a Wheel Horse salvage operation.

Good luck on your salvage operation! :thumbs: Rick

refracman

We have 3 lg/gt recycleing yards within 3 miles of each other. Each has there own nich. One is only WH, one is mostly MTD, AYP and the other is the rest. All 3 do repairs also and send they customers to each other.

2 are retired and 1 does it as a sideline. Id have to say all 3 stay fairly busy , well at least as busy as they want and its a nice cash business.

Id say if you want to go for it do it! Just be ready for the Sat rush of BSers!

JimD

Best of luck Jdog! :thumbs:

shallowwatersailor

It sounds good to me, and the location is good for me as well. I am about to start forming my herd and will be looking for parts. Shipping is the time consumer though. I do a lot of selling on "feeBay." Shipping takes the most time!

John

Operator

Sounds like a great idea! :thumbs: Start small, don't try making a killing the first year, get a good inventory built up.

We need something like that in our neck of the woods, huh Jason?

Randy

jdog_kustoms

Sounds like a great idea! :thumbs: Start small, don't try making a killing the first year, get a good inventory built up.

We need something like that in our neck of the woods, huh Jason?

Randy

im only a road trip away lol come in june and stay for the show

3406pack

Good luck with your venture. I believe if you go into it with the mindset as a side venture you will probably get more enjoyment from it.

horsefeathers

Don't forget about the Junk Yard Dogs!

Any busness that hires mans best friend can't go wrong!

A lot of guys in my area hual junk

Shame GTs are melted down to make Toyota fenders!

Your save the" horses" program sounds good to me!

:thumbs: HORSEFEATHERS!

rmaynard

Shame GTs are melted down to make Toyota fenders!

I couldn't agree more. :thumbs:

Bob

SAM58

1 thing that has me really thinkin about doin it is i am only 2 miles from the annual wheel horse show

That means that I probally drove past your place 6 -8 times looking for the fair grounds at the June 25 Th show....

:thumbs:

My First time in the area. :D

jdog_kustoms

:thumbs: if you were brysonia road or brysonia wenksville rd you went buy my house

HankB

... but i love to work on tractors and meet people and make a smile on someones face ...

I think that's the right attitude to go into this with. I'm sure you could pick up a few $$$, but I'm not sure you'd want to know how much it turns out to be in $/hour.

I've seen Kelly's operation and was impressed. I also think he has a pretty high energy level to keep that going along with a regular job. (maybe that's just in comparison to my energy level. :D:thumbs: )

I would also consider carefully whether you want to stick with WH only or include other brands. I suppose it depends on how much work you want to do.

From all of the answers you've given (to some pretty thoughtful responses) it seems like your head is in the right place on this.

If you decide to proceed, I wish you luck!

-hank

jdog_kustoms

thanks hank and here is my junkyard dog he came before the junk yard lol

IMG_1983.jpg

Trouty56

Jdog truly loves :thumbs: tractors period. He just wants to fund his hobby and meet good people. I am glad you guys are supporting him AND I will have a good source for parts. I live about 4 miles away....

Go for it Jordon!! If you need any help with anything just ask.

Looks like Bear torn the pants off somebody lurking in the salvage yard already!

Uncle Bob

GlenPettit

Hope your yard is open during the big Show next June, looking forward to it.

stoneman

Seems to me there's a great market for WH parts and others. It could go very well. Getting off on the right foot is crucial. Knowledge is key, and then methodology . . . (identification, interchangeability, cataloging and storage of parts, i.e. knowing what you have, what it'll work on, and where it's at.) Get a Uline catalog and you'll find everything you need for shipping. Then you'll probably want to consider perspective right hand helpers. Folks who can do what you do at least as good as you . . . and hopefully better. This is key to happiness . . . which is more important than anything! peace . . . scott

GO FOR IT!!!