Sign in to follow this  
mattd860

Please Look at My New WH C-120

Retired Wrencher

:) :USA::wh: HI Mat it looks like the write muffler it is the same as the C-125 and I was told by my dealer the very hot engines are not in tune??? this is what he said and this guy lives and breathes W/H.................... T/C hope this helps. Gary B.....

HankB

LOL - guys.... Everything in this thread has been corrected except the last post that I just made about the throttle and choke linkage. Engine runs smooth, tractor works great... just need info on buying new throttle linkage since I have a C-81 with K301 motor.

I'll take a stab at this.

You need to find a cable that is compatible at both ends and approximately the same length. Some of these have have pull knobs (like the choke cable) and some have levers. If the tractors in this series and age have the same dash arrangement, I'd go with one that works with the specific engine. It's most likely to be the right length for the engine.

Also be aware that similar engines may have a different arrangement for the throttle cable hookup. The K301 throttle cable setup (the attachment to the engine) on my '85 312-8 is not the same as on my '71 Raider 12 even though both are equipped with K301 engines.

(If you're not talking about the throttle cable, then never mind!)

-hank

mattd860

It looks like you can just remove the cable from the lever itself so I might try to buy generic throttle and choke cable and cut it down to the proper size.

I've started to rebuild my 12hp K301s which has developed an odd knocking sound. You can track the progress and answer any questions here - http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=21562.

MrEricT

The little bar acts like the linkage on the hood on your e30 to keep it from opening too far and smashing your kidneys :)

You could prolly just do the custom cable route and make your own. Just make sure it'll fit the handle if you go that route. I have bent the cable ends to attach from one type of linkage on the engine to work on another before.