Sign in to follow this  
Butch

C-175 mower deck lift arm removal.

Butch

I'm installing a mid mount grader and it looks like the lift arm assembly that attaches to the mower decks has to come off to make room for the grader linkage. The grader linkage has a solid arm that goes from the grader (DUH) to where the chain/eye bolt attach (bellcrank?)to the lifting mechanism.

Does that lift arm that attaches to the mid mount attachamatic pop off easy or must c-clips be popped off?

Is there an easier way to get to that bell crank to make attachments other than laying under the tractor with a floor jack? You would think they would have made some sort of access panel to get to the bell crank.

This is being done to a C-175 that's about to get dirty!!

Thanks.

Butch

S. Jersey

C-Series14

The lift bar has a "C" clip on the rear crossbar on the left side that holds the tophat bushing in the tractors frame. Remove that, slide the lift bar to the left, the right side will come out of the tractors frame, and remove the lift bar.

As far as access to the bellcrank, you could remove the panel under the dash.

Butch

The lift bar has a "C" clip on the rear crossbar on the left side that holds the tophat bushing in the tractors frame. Remove that, slide the lift bar to the left, the right side will come out of the tractors frame, and remove the lift bar.

As far as access to the bellcrank, you could remove the panel under the dash.

Thanks Mike. I did remove the dash panel that has nothing on it except the ID plate and I didn't really see much. I did see the C-clip. I was hoping for like a quick release think to push.

Are you located at a joint civil/reserve base or are you at Wright Pat?

Thanks for the info. Hope to get it done tomorrow.

Butch

S. Jersey

C-Series14

Wright Patt...C-5A Galaxy's.

Butch

We have C-5s just to the SW of me and C17s just to the N.. How do you have 32 years in unless you're ANG or a reservist. I thought you could only max out at 30 and that's based on your rank.

Butch

S. Jersey

C-Series14

I am a reservist. I work there fulltime as a civilian during the week then do my one weekend a month at the same place. We are getting our first C-17 in January.

Butch

I am a reservist. I work there fulltime as a civilian during the week then do my one weekend a month at the same place. We are getting our first C-17 in January.

I was always partial to the C-141s. I was at McGuire AFB for 3 years and saw that go from a white and light blue aircraft to a stretched one to it being modified for refueling to the olive drab color which I did not like!!

The C17s replaced the C141s at McGuire. Is the C5 being retired for the C17s?

Thank God we're keeping this on topic with the C-Series!!

Butch

S. Jersey

C-Series14

:D Well, it's our topic!

We had the last C-141's. A/C 177, the Hanoi Taxi, was one of the last ones we had. We flew it over to the museum. Then we got C-5's. There is a wonderful machine!!! :thumbs: It wasn't long before the C-17 rumors started. They kept saying we wouldn't get them. Like the military, everything is planned 5 years down the road. they didn't want to let everyone know we were getting them for fear of people quitting and going elsewhere. Well, they finally announced it and folks are looking elsewhere! The manning is alot smaller. Our shop, Aero Repair, will disband and become a big Wheel and Tire Shop AND a HSC Shop. I have to either re-enlist in March OR retire which means I lose my civilian job. I don't really want to learn a new airframe but money is money! :D I will probably re-up for 2 more years, see where I end up, and enjoy the money. THEN, I will get out....

rickv1957

Butch,going to get the C175 dirty :thumbs: ,them 50" graders are great! :D ,Rick

Butch

Wow! You lose your civilian job? I was at Tinker AFB in OKC when I got out of the USAF and they have a huge overhaul depot there for all the aircraft in their inventory. The place is huge. I didn't have to be a reservist but they did give priority to ex-military. They did give me a good paying job there but I had 2 other job offers in California and Long Island NY and took the Long Island job.

Here in Atlantic City we have a joint airport. It's a civilian airport with the New Jersey Air National Guard also there with a Wing of F16s. They wear USAF uniforms and ranks but I heard they are on a civilian pay scale. There are some reservists and for most it is full time.

Butch

S. Jersey

Butch

Butch,going to get the C175 dirty :D ,them 50" graders are great! :D ,Rick

Yes Rick it's gonna get dirty! But then it's gonna be washed and waxed. There is no telling when I'll paint my 314 and put it back together. I've been wanting a garden for years. I tilled an area up with my Troy-Bilt tiller but I still need to move some dirt around. And I had used that mid mount a lot when the 314 was together. I love that attachment.

But it's a pain trying to get that arm up on the bell crank. :thumbs:

Butch

S. Jersey

C-Series14

It is an Air Reserve Technician position. You must be in the reserves to be an ART. They tried to force us to wear a uniform but it fell thru. Some reserve units are wearing the uniform as ART's. Our union is a little stronger! :thumbs: If we had to wear uniforms, We would of had folks who outranked us military wise in charge when civilian wise, they were lower on the ladder so it would of been interesting!!!

I worked F-16's and F-4's before moving to cargo planes...I liked the fighters better!

Now, as far as the grader blade, you will love it...I got one!

Butch

It is an Air Reserve Technician position. You must be in the reserves to be an ART. They tried to force us to wear a uniform but it fell thru. Some reserve units are wearing the uniform as ART's. Our union is a little stronger! :thumbs: If we had to wear uniforms, We would of had folks who outranked us military wise in charge when civilian wise, they were lower on the ladder so it would of been interesting!!!

I worked F-16's and F-4's before moving to cargo planes...I liked the fighters better!

Now, as far as the grader blade, you will love it...I got one!

The full time Guard personnel are military. They just don't receive military pay. They are under a civilian pay scale. I don't know if it's a Fed or State sale. The pilots wear USAF flight suits and address each one by rank. It seems just like the regular Sir Force to me with a civilian pay scale.

I've always liked the KC97, B36, B57, F4, A37 and A7. I've always like the aircraft that were built in the 50s and 60s. I also preferred 1505 uniforms and the green pickle suit. I got out before camos thank God.

Butch

S. Jersey

rickv1957

But it's a pain trying to get that arm up on the bell crank. :thumbs:

That is tight quarters on that bellcrank on the newer models for sure!,Rick