Sign in to follow this  
ducky

color of rims

ducky

i want your guys feed back on the color choices.

thanks ducky (steve) :thumbs:

Kelly

What about the original color linen beige???

Sparky

I just painted some rims for a 1966 WH and I used KRYLON Gloss Almond. I realize thats not one of your choices in your poll.

Are you looking for an original look or a custom look? of the choices you gave I choose Black.

Mike..........

ducky

that is the reason I'm asking the qustion witch color. im not sure on a custom look or stock. :thumbs: to many thing to think about.

mavfreak

I have done white and almond I like the almond best

MikesRJ

I vote original. Linen Beige can be had in the form of Sherwin Williams - Controls Rust - Antique White (paint code 140-2486). That is the color which you could use.

linen beige

I agree with the other guys, kinda. I would go with the original IVORY.

Wheel Horse didn't call it linen Beige until around '65. :thumbs:

The seat should be the same color as the wheels.

DoctorHfuhruhurr

periwinkle

DMK855

I was very pleased with the Rustolem Almond appliance epoxy, but the Sherwin Williams listed above looks really nice too!!

My RJ wheels......

1qh2qx.jpg

15zlfki.jpg

squonk

I have some old wheels off of a 601. The things are rusted bad but the insides are nice with the "almond color". I took one to Napa and looked at color chips for tractors. Allis-Chalmers "cream" looked exact. I had them mix some up and put it in a spray can. I shot a small piece of metal and compared it again. I can't see the difference. I recall my 604 had the same almond color on the Wheel Horse script on the hood. I had an artist friend paint the lettering on my 704 hood. I also had some linen beige made up and shot the same metal piece to compare.

DSCF0702.jpg

A/C cream is on the right:

DSCF0704.jpg

The flash made the lettering whiter than it is. it's the same as the cream color

Horse'n Around

Im partial to the origional Ivory, but in the end it really depends on what your looking to do, if your mindset is geared more toward origional or weather its more of what looks good to you. on some of these tractors that Ive seen pictures of that members have redone, I have seen some with silver wheels, and black wheels which depending on the model and all really complemented the looks if the respective tractor as a whole . Either is great, in the end it just depends on what makes you happy.

John

Coadster32

Just from experience, white doesn't look as good as a cream color. Creams also seem to stay cleaner longer. However, I did vote for black rims. The way I see it, it's your tractor, so do a scheme that pleases you. As far as reselling it, as long as it was taken care of, it'll hold it's value. Just my $.02