Sign in to follow this  
stoneman

need a little info

stoneman

i now have a 67 857 , (2) 68 commando's (1 getting a cool redo and if i can find the time to get started i'll let y'all in on it) and a 68 work horse 700.

obviously any differences in these 3 models is slight . . . however i'm sure there are some, and i'd like to know what they are. as far as the drive belts, are they the same? would you happen to have the part # for the belt?

will that mower deck work any any of the 3 units? can you give me the belt #'s and spindle and bearing #'s. i'm certain that it is the original 36" or 37" rd deck.

also, does anyone have mounting instructions for the 42" mid mount sickle bar attachment? it's a 68 (model # 7 1311)

also need to know the k181s oil capacity, and that 3 speed trans oil type and capacity.

i know i could find all this info in different locations on this sight and others it's just that i am extremely busy with my work and any time that i can save will be routed into my :D "s. :thumbs: thanks folks . . . peace . . . scott

sorekiwi

The 3 speeds take 1 1/2 qts of 90-140 gear lube, the small block Kohlers take 1 1/4 qts of 30 wt engine oil.

My sickles are a bit older than yours, but look pretty much the same as yours. Here's a picture of one of them on a 502:

IMG_2558.jpg

There are manuals for most of them in the yahoo manuals group.

You should check out this thread on MTF: http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.p...light=venerable

There is a ton of pictures of one mounted on an 856 and later an 876.

Basically the "T" piece bolts to the ears on the back of the frame (just in front of the transmission, and the "mule drive" replaces the one for the mower deck, right behind the front axle. The thread on MTF has pictures that show it all clearly, and he shows whats involved in fitting it up.

BTW, I see you are not too far from me, I'm up in Newbury Ohio. No sneaking up north to do your poaching!

sorekiwi

Sorry forgot about your other questions:

All 4 tractors use the 9691 drive belt which interchanges with Gates 6870.

I cant help you with the deck question, I've never swapped them around on the early tractors.