Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Ordering batteries........

whfan74

Will be ordering the batteries for the E-141 today. Will hopefully breathe some life in her soon and have her up and running. Can't wait.....this has been pushed back for way too long! Will post pictures when the beast is moving under it's own power.

Sorry...........just a little excited!

0702091335a.jpg

0702091336a.jpg

0702091336b.jpg

rickv1957

Scott,thats a dandy,get good quality batteries!,Rick

Ken B

I'd be excited as well! Can you get some video? That would be way cool.

rueger-99

Any pics under the hood? I need to check one of these out sometime. Do they work well?

stevasaurus

I'd be getting a charge out of that too Scott. :thumbs:

whfan74

Getting some good batteries and from what they tell me they should be in tomorrow! :D

I will try and get some video. Here is keeping my fingers crossed.

It is rated as 14 horsepower and will cut an acre of grass on one charge.

It will be receiving 6 new 12 volt deep cycle marine style batteries..........a little pricey but will be well worth it once it is up and going. :thumbs:

You are a real hoot Steve! :D

JimD

I hope everything goes well for you Scott. A video would be cool. I wonder how many of us have ever seen one in action... :thumbs:

wh79d160

Sounds pretty cool . A green Wheel Horse. How much do 6 deep cycle batteries weight? Tom, Perry Ks.

Doubletrouble

I never realized they made an all electric tractor :thumbs: I'd like to know how it works out as well. Good luck.

whfan74

I am not 100% sure on what it ways without looking it up. I will see if I can dig up the manual and see what total weight is. Let's just say it was a beast to roll up on the trailer when I did get it. It could use a new seat, some paint work done, but all in all it is in pretty good shape.

Standard mower deck shell with no belt. Each spindle is powered by it's own electric motor.

If all goes well, I will probably be bringing it with me up to the Charlotte, MI show in August. It isn't mint but sure is unique.

Batteries will come in around 1 p.m. tomorrow. Want to do some paint work on supports to help prevent from further rusting. Having those batteries in there causes some problems as one can imagine. We will see if we can get her ready for the show.

Sparky

I'd be excited as well! Can you get some video? That would be way cool.

I bet that'll be one one real quiet video Ken :thumbs: .

Mike.........

racinfool40

:D WOW Thanks for sharing I did not know it even existed looks sweet!!!6 golf cart batteries weight in at about 248 lbs so that plus tractor??? curios minds need to know ?? :thumbs:

Butch

Geoff from Canada has electric Wheel Horses and I think he has a lot of experience working on and modifying them. He had one at the 2009 show and as I recall it was quiet.

Butch

S. Jersey

Gene_S

Glad to hear your getting the battries Scott... :thumbs: I know how much you been wanting to get her going... Can't wait to see it working... I'd bet the total weight with driver would be in the 900 pound range...

Gene_S

Hey Scott how is the eco :thumbs: tractor going???

perry

teddy da bear brought a electric wheel horse to kellys meet & greet in 2008. first one i had ever seen . was pretty interesting tractor. bring yours to charlotte, finished or not.

RSmeet005.jpg

whfan74

Well Gene the tractor is getting some preventative maintenance before the batteries are installed. Took off some plates and supports, sanded them down, primed them and they are getting painted in the last couple of days. I should have had the tractor all ready to go when the batteries arrived but unfortunately I like to do things backwards sometimes. :thumbs:

Mower deck is going to have to wait to get some attention. It will be in Charlotte if all systems go! :D

Can't wait to take it on it's first drive around the yard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!