Sign in to follow this  
bdunegan

c-165 automatic

bdunegan

have a 1980 black hood c-165 automatic with the 16hp kohler in it. has the factory wh tiller that was used very little, and a 48 inch side discharge deck. all spindles on deck are good minimum to no rust on deck. have all pulleys, mule drive for deck, and everything to attach tiller(is attached now). tractor has attach-a-matic, and hydraulic lift for deck and tiller. motor smokes, but still runs and works. all sheet metal is very straight, just faded from sitting outside. also have all original manuals for everything. just wondering what it would be worth to sell? i am looking to maybe trade it for some 3 point equipment(plow, disc, boom pole) that will work with an 8n ford tractor, or maybe a good walk behind tiller.

6wheeler

Well, that depends. Where are you at. The blackhoods seem to get little respect here :thumbs: NOT by me of course as I have one (they seem like the slightly odd relative that everyone tolerates, but don't get invited to the party much :D .) the tiller will probably be sought after more. I paid $500 for my 165 8spd, the paint is good w/new tires and a 48" deck low hours. so I guess take it from there. Good luck. Pat

bdunegan

thanks for the response. i am in oklahoma about 35 miles south of tulsa. used tractor and tiller today, but blew a hydraulic hose on lift cylinder. havent taken it off yet, but decided it is just a little large for our garden. it was given to my brother in law by original owner with a broken camshaft. he gave it to me, and not wanting to put a bunch in it before i knew if everything worked, i had new camshaft and rod put in it just to get it running. have used it this way for a few years, so it does run and everything is good. would love to see it go to someone who appreciates the blackhoods. thanks again!

oldandred

have a 1980 black hood c-165 automatic with the 16hp kohler in it. has the factory wh tiller that was used very little, and a 48 inch side discharge deck. all spindles on deck are good minimum to no rust on deck. have all pulleys, mule drive for deck, and everything to attach tiller(is attached now). tractor has attach-a-matic, and hydraulic lift for deck and tiller. motor smokes, but still runs and works. all sheet metal is very straight, just faded from sitting outside. also have all original manuals for everything. just wondering what it would be worth to sell? i am looking to maybe trade it for some 3 point equipment(plow, disc, boom pole) that will work with an 8n ford tractor, or maybe a good walk behind tiller.

would like to see were are you ??????????????????????????????????????????

now I see a long road trip for me

wheel horse man

We need pics :thumbs:

bdunegan

would post some pics, but dont know how to this site. can take some and e-mail, if i have an e-mail address to send to. i am in a little town called beggs, oklahoma about 35 miles straight south of tulsa, then back west.

rickv1957

Sound like a pretty good package,Rick

bdunegan

have pics taken, and saved on computer. can someone tell me how to upload them to this site please

bdunegan

here are the picks on photobucket. sorry about the dirt and the hydraulic fluid. i used it today and blew a hose. will clean it up later.

Wheel Horse Tractor

bdunegan

i have the pics of the c-165 that were requested. i am interested in knowing the approximate value of this set-up. some pics show tiller hooked up(just got finished tilling garden) and some show it cleaned up afterward, and took apart to replace o-ring on hydraulic valve. have pics of tiller top and bottom side and mower deck top and bottom. also have original manuals on everything as well as original owner warranty cards. motor runs now, but needs rebuild, everything works as should. motor smokes and has bottom end rattle. it has never been rebuilt other than a new camshaft. click on link to view all pics. thanks!!!

Wheel Horse C-165