Sign in to follow this  
tgranthamfd

WH Trailer

tgranthamfd

Spotted a WH Trailer, I think it is worth the asking price. Just got to get my brother to go and check it out (hint hint). Hope he checks his e-mail before work tomorrow. Here is the link with a photo. What do you guys think? Never seen one in my neck of the woods, good shape, bad shape, or otherwise.

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/grd/1826932283.html

Kelly

I have only seen a few that style, around here, we mostly get the little tub style, I'd say the price is fair, Me I'd still offer $80 but I'm cheap.

rickv1957

Cart looks to be in good shape,fair price,Rick

gwgdog66

Spotted a WH Trailer, I think it is worth the asking price. Just got to get my brother to go and check it out (hint hint). Hope he checks his e-mail before work tomorrow. Here is the link with a photo. What do you guys think? Never seen one in my neck of the woods, good shape, bad shape, or otherwise.

Little Brother, That is half a day away from me!!

tgranthamfd

Little Brother, That is half a day away from me!!

Sorry about that. Got to love brothers, It's here and in very nice shape. I think bub needs a little extra boot on the deal. Couldn't read the model number on the sticker, does anybody know what it might be? Serial number is 5194 I think, :thumbs: it's dark outside. Once again Thank you very much Gary for doing all the foot work for me. :D

Butch

Musta been worth the price because it's gone!!

Butch

S. Jersey

tgranthamfd

Musta been worth the price because it's gone!!

Butch

S. Jersey

Gone from the add but not from the back yard. :thumbs: I'll get some pictures up in the morning. From a quick look through the master parts viewer I am thinking it is a 07-10DC01 1980. It has the 16x6.50-8 tires on it and I think from the pictures it is a 10 cubic foot dump cart. Looks like the skinnier wheels like on the front of some of the older tractors, and it has decals only on the sides, they are maroon. It has the flat front not the boxed in style, and no latch on the lift out gate. Heck I might have to go out and get some pictures tonight.

tgranthamfd

Heck I might have to go out and get some pictures tonight.

Couldn't wait.

DSC01258.jpg

DSC01259.jpg

DSC01265.jpg

Inside just surface rust.

DSC01260.jpg

Decals on the sides.

DSC01262.jpg

Just $100, but I think gwgdog66 needs an extra $50 to $75 for his time and gas, Thanks brother.

tgranthamfd

Going by the latch design I am saying it is a 07-10DC01 1980, going by the front of the cart body I am guessing it is a 07-10DC02 1981. Guess it could be an early 1981 with a leftover latch from 1980. :thumbs: but either way it is in very nice shape, I plan on eventually getting a fresh coat of paint on it.

C-Series14

It's a 10 cu. ft. cart from the "10" in the VIN...nice find!

rickv1957

Terry,looks like you purchased a nice condition trailer there :thumbs: Rick

Roger from southern Iowa

Good deal!!

Very nice condition. :thumbs:

gwgdog66

No rust on the underside! Tires look practically new. It was kept inside until recently. The surface rust in the bed started this season. (According to the seller) Who by the way worked for a Wheel Horse dealer as a teen.

You are welcome brother. He thought it was the 18 Cu Ft cart, from around 1980 or 81. We can mesuare the bed and figure that out. It filled up the bed of my 87 SW GMC pickup.

Did I tell you about the rock that fell out of the belly dump semi (Between Minco and Pocasset) skipped about 8 times before it shattered what was left of my windshield? Glad now that I didn't replace it prior to this trip.

Roger from southern Iowa

:thumbs: that's spooky!!!

tgranthamfd

No rust on the underside! Tires look practically new. It was kept inside until recently. The surface rust in the bed started this season. (According to the seller) Who by the way worked for a Wheel Horse dealer as a teen.

You are welcome brother. He thought it was the 18 Cu Ft cart, from around 1980 or 81. We can measure the bed and figure that out. It filled up the bed of my 87 SW GMC pickup.

Did I tell you about the rock that fell out of the belly dump semi (Between Minco and Pocasset) skipped about 8 times before it shattered what was left of my windshield? Glad now that I didn't replace it prior to this trip.

No you did not. You get a number off of the semi? According to the drawings, it is a 10cu foot, the 18's had a rear latch. The body matches a 1981 and the latch matches a 1980. It only has 2 decals, unless they are calling the serial # sticker, on the back, a decal, as well. Most show 2 big and 1 smaller decal, so it may have had a decal on back with model and serial #'s instead of a tag. Should have had a load limit type plate on the front of the latch, as well, but no signs of anything ever being there.

gwgdog66

You are welcome brother. He thought it was the 18 Cu Ft cart, from around 1980 or 81. We can measure the bed and figure that out. It filled up the bed of my 87 SW GMC pickup.

No you did not. You get a number off of the semi? According to the drawings, it is a 10cu foot, the 18's had a rear latch. The body matches a 1981 and the latch matches a 1980. It only has 2 decals, unless they are calling the serial # sticker, on the back, a decal, as well. Most show 2 big and 1 smaller decal, so it may have had a decal on back with model and serial #'s instead of a tag. Should have had a load limit type plate on the front of the latch, as well, but no signs of anything ever being there.

Now that i look at the drawings I believe you are right.