Sign in to follow this  
The Toolman

Fuel tank bushing

The Toolman

Whats the story on replacing this? C-101 with plastic tank under the fenders.

Anything special, wet, dry?

Mines not leaking yet, but I have a new one an figured the original has to be getting hard, since its been in there since 79......

:thumbs:

Daddy Don

You should drain it first. Then remove the fenders and there is two bolts on top to losen and two under the tank that you have to remove. take off the gas line and slip the old tank out and slide the new one in. It is not hard to do.

rmaynard

It's amazing how well they seal for 30+ years, but disturb it and it's leak city.

Bob

Duff

Don, I think he's talking about just the bushing, not the whole tank. He will need to drain it, but I don't think he needs to take the tank out of the tractor to change the bushing. At least on my 312's I can change bushings with the tank in place. Not totallly sure about the C-series. :D

When I went to install my new bushing I used a dab of silicone grease to help get it into the hole in the tank and seated. It's been tight and dry for over year now.

Others?

~Duff :thumbs:

TT

Others?

Liquid soap works well too. :thumbs:

MikesRJ

And while you're at it, since you are into it that far, it's not a bad idea to change the fuel line as well if it seems to be hard or brittle.

The Toolman

And while you're at it, since you are into it that far, it's not a bad idea to change the fuel line as well if it seems to be hard or brittle.

Done did that, just didn't have the bushing at that time.... Didn't know if it needed to be dry or slick with soap when I put it in the tank.

Thanx Guys