Sign in to follow this  
DaveB

WorkHorse 700 up and running Smooth

DaveB

I picked up this 1969 WorkHorse 700 at the Pa show last week. It's all original right down to the 7hp Techy motor which is now running great after some fiddling time on the govenor and carb. Compression is 115 psi on the Tecumseh. Too bad someone cut out the rear discharge mower on the side. I will say that it mows the grass great this way.

Tractors013.jpg

Tractors011-1.jpg

:thumbs: I wonder if the WorkHorse can really push that Simplicity 725 with a Briggs 7 1/4hp around.

stevebo

Dave,

Good to hear that you got that tecky running very close to a kohler.. :D :thumbs:

tranders

Very nice.

I also like the old Simplicity.

Ken B

Very nice.

I also like the old Simplicity.

If you think the Simplicity is nice in the pics you should see it in person. Professional body shop quality paint job.

The next time I'm up we'll get the chain out and we'll find out once and for all. Almost close to a fair fight, but I think the Briggs will out pull Tiny Techy. :thumbs:

rickv1957

Very nice tractor there!! :thumbs: Rick

tgranthamfd

Nice Horse, oddly enough somebody did that to my 36" rd deck, too. I got some old thin metal plate, bent it around to fit the deck conture, and welded the cutout back up. worked great. Looks like crap but works great.

rusted and busted

very nice :thumbs:

W9JAB

Too bad someone cut out the rear discharge mower on the side.

oddly enough somebody did that to my 36" rd deck,

I wonder why, for what advantage? :thumbs:

Ken B

Maybe they just wanted to see the blades of grass flyin out the side to remind them that they were cutting grass? :thumbs:

rustbucket

my money is on the simplicity. sorry to say shaft drive beats out belt drive. more of the torque reaches the rear from the engine and since its not as long a drive belt from the bevel gear box to the trans less belt streaching and thus less loss of power.

Ken B

Then I wonder why you dont see as many Simplicity's at tractor pulls as you do Wheel Horses, (and we all know how well the Horse's do at the pulls.) I would agree the Simplicity would probably take the Work Horse in a pull off in this case. I've had many a Cub Cadet and none of them had a belt whatsoever in the driveline. That said, they didn't push snow any better than a Wheel Horse (they actually kinda sucked) and they werent any better hauling heavy loads. I used to go to lots of tractor pulls and a stock Cub versus a stock Wheel Horse in the same bracket, the Cub almost always went home the big loser. I would also much rather replace a stretched belt than the parts that blow apart in a Cub or a Simplicity when you over work one of them, that is for sure. :thumbs:

rustbucket

to each their own i am building a pulling tractor out of a simplicity B-110 and my dad is building up a lawn ranger pulling tractor. forget i ever said anything at al one of the reasons i tend not to post on the forums anymore is getting the feeling im eating my own foot anymore. so back to the darkest corner and out of everyones way i go.

Ken B

I was in no way trying to put you down, if I came off that way I'm sorry. I was just talking out loud. You had an opinion and I have one, one of us could be right, we could both be wrong. Have fun at the pulls eh. :thumbs:

WheelHorseSteve

Nice tractor, Dave! Looks all original to me!

racinfool40

:thumbs: nice set of tractors thanks for sharing 1st time seeing that old simplicity!!!

JimD

That's a very nice WH 700, and I really like the looks of the Simplicity. A pull off sure would make an interesting video. :thumbs: