Sign in to follow this  
cleb

Got my 603 running... have video & questions

cleb

So here's a link to the video :

I got the clutch parts off of ebay but I could really use a picture of the correct setup with the parking brake... I am not sure how the parking brake goes...

I pulled the deck because it was hitting the speed reduction pulley.... were these designed to be used with the deck?? I am probably not going to use the deck anyways might look for a plow for it... but I am curious if it's supposed to be used with the mower deck...

I flushed out some nice brown fluid and am going to do it again after a couple of weeks... I am finding that it is popping out of third gear... If I hold it in place it works fine... do I have to crack the transmission open to fix it?? any ideas as to the problem??

So those are my questions... I am going to keep the fenders even though someone said they are not original... I want the kids to be able to use it and think keeping them is a good idea...

I also have a small crack on the frame where it bolts to the transmission that I am going to weld and beef up with a plate welded in on the inside... should be much stronger...

The engine that is installed is a tecumseh HK50... I am planning to replace it but for now it is what it is... I am having a problem with the starter.... where it engages the flywheel it's chewing up part of the starter... not the gear but a nut or something closer to the starter motor... not sure why thats happening...

So thats it for now... leaving for vacation in a couple of days... when I get back I will look at it some more and get things cleaned up...

Ken B

The tractor looks great, luv the black rims. :thumbs: Nice video work.

CasualObserver

but I could really use a picture of the correct setup with the parking brake... I am not sure how the parking brake goes...

603_038.jpg

... I am going to keep the fenders even though someone said they are not original... I want the kids to be able to use it and think keeping them is a good idea...

And the fenders and toolbox were not standard, but were an optional accessory. Part number FA-63.

rickv1957

Tractor looks good!,Rick

cleb

but I could really use a picture of the correct setup with the parking brake... I am not sure how the parking brake goes...

... I am going to keep the fenders even though someone said they are not original... I want the kids to be able to use it and think keeping them is a good idea...

And the fenders and toolbox were not standard, but were an optional accessory. Part number FA-63.

thanks man... huge help... and thanks for info on the fenders...