Sign in to follow this  
danno676

Addicted New Member

danno676

No worries, I had never heard good things about the box store mowers but when bought at a dealer people were saying they were ok. The first thing I noticed when looking at them were the cheesey frames. NOTHING like the nice big trucklike WH frames. Then the aluminum differentials, not the WH cast iron. The negatives just kept adding up and when combined with all of the negative reviews on the net, well the deal was sealed. NO way was I going to put my Horse to the wayside!!! I really had NO idea all of this stuff was out there for these tractors!!! Unfortunately I just always looked at it as a lawnmower and nothing else. Well, that quickly changed!!

I have definately got the bug!!! I'm mostly looking forward to the Work Horse restoration since it looks the worst. I want badly to paint it red as a WH should be, but the individuality of would definately be neat too.

I'm searching now for a set of AG tires now as my turf savers didn't do too well with the plow.

Doubletrouble

:D

I think the work horse is winking at me !!

piecrazy4

:D :USA: You caught the bug! Me to!

barns1

:thumbs: You won't be sorry. The Wheel Horses will be around way longer than the new ones. Just use a little TLC.

danno676

Haha, that's great...winking indeed. I'll have to have a word with her when I get home!!!

I know I won't be sorry at all. I look at all the abuse I've put my Horses through over the years and the ONLY failure I've had was a broken woodruf key on the drive axle that left me stranded in the ditchbank. Not too bad huh?? Other box store mowers (far from garden/lawn tractors) would have failed me long before.