Sign in to follow this  
squonk

Spruced up the GEE TEE

squonk

Hated the lousy paint job that came on the GT-14 Replaced it with a semi-lousy job. Some previous owner got paint on the hood decals. Didn't come off. Nothing would cut it. Must have been some of that nuclear reactor paint. Before:

DSCF0650.jpg

DSCF0649.jpg

After:

DSCF0676.jpg

DSCF0675.jpg

DSCF0674.jpg

rickv1957

Tractor looks pretty good! :D Rick

Lane Ranger

Very nice update on the GT 14! Looks great.

:D

bmuone

Good job on those rims Mike. I have mine primed and waiting on the tires. Figure to mount, then paint.

The Toolman

I'd bet lacquer thinner will take it off

Kelly

Lacquer thinner will take the color off the decal not just the paint, hey that belt guard looks at home on there :D

The Toolman

Lacquer thinner will take the color off the decal not just the paint, hey that belt guard looks at home on there :D

Not if it has a clear cover on it. Most of the printed decals have a clear layer on top of'em. Or at least the newer type decals made nowdays do to protect the printing from weather

stevasaurus

Nice tractor. :D I have had good luck getting paint off of decals by gently rubbing with Acetone. Both belt guard decals were covered on the 702 and the 502...they look great now. :USA:

MikesRJ

That clean-up and paint sprucing came out just fine: :D

VinsRJ

Add me to the list, Look'n Good! :D

squonk

Tried lacquer thinner. Didn't touch it. Took it out for a ride around the block. Guy at a next door party wanted to buy it. I was so shocked I threw him a crazy price and he said sure and asked me for my phone number. He said he'd call tonite, we'll see. If he does, I'm definitely bringing a trailer to the show! :D :USA:

squonk

After getting interest from this one guy I threw it on CL to see how much interest I could get. Got an E-mail from a lady who collects WH's. She's coming tonight.

squonk

Sold it! Very nice couple who collect tractors bought it. Glad it's going to a good home. On to the show! Have trailer will travel!