Sign in to follow this  
Doubletrouble

Need help identifying an engine

Doubletrouble

I think it's an older techy. model #143-579022 serial #7089 and on a seperate line from those is #14205. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

MikesRJ

I believe it's a Tecumseh HH100 made for Sears. The model number you have is a Sears number, the 143 designate Tecumseh, and it crosses over to the Tecumseh 10HP Model HH100.

Try these manuals:

Owners Manual

Service Manual

Doubletrouble

Thanks MikesRJ. It does go on a sears tractor. I just need to find out some info on it to put it back on the tractor and attempt to get her running.

Lane Ranger

:D

If you plug in the sears number on the sears website looking for parts you should get a description of all the parts for the tractor. I think the general Tecusmeh engine repair book also has a listing of the sears numbers for cross reference in the back of the book.

If you send me your email I think I have a PDF version I can send you. Not sure if 10 HP is covered but I think it mau be.

Buzz

Here's the manual, the sears model number and Tecumseh model cross reference is in the back. Incidentally, the Sears part numbers for Tecumseh parts are the same ones Tecumseh uses.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/images/refer...o18castiron.pdf

Doubletrouble

Thanks guys. I downloaded the manual, that helps alot. Now to find more time to tinker. lol

rickv1957

Here's the manual, the sears model number and Tecumseh model cross reference is in the back. Incidentally, the Sears part numbers for Tecumseh parts are the same ones Tecumseh uses.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/images/refer...o18castiron.pdf

Buzz,great info there,needed that!,Rick