Sign in to follow this  
rueger-99

Newbie now has TWO! GIDDY UP!!

rueger-99

Found this for sale on the side of the road near my house. I picked up the tractor and snowblower with tire chains for $150. I also got a 48" plow blade with no frame that I'm not sure what to do with. I got her home, cleaned her up, put some gas in, jumped it with a car battery and she started right up. :USA: The wiring behind the dash is a melted clump of spaghetti, don't know what happened there, but I'll get to fixing that. I'm thinking on giving this to my 86 yr. old father ( He shot down the first german fighter jet in the European theatre of WW II (463rd AAA), I just had to throw that in there. :D )who is legally blind and had to give up his license a few years ago. I have his old Murray that needs a tranny he keeps asking about, but it's not worth fixing. I think he's bored and wants to putter around outside.

Update: Wiring fixed. Found that the burnt wires went to the electric clutch switch on the dash...nothing was wired to it and I'm guessing someone maybe installed a clutch at one time. The rest of the harness is OK. so I'm good to go!

What do you Pros think?

IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

[iIMG_2437.jpgIMG_2435.jpg

funphotos057-1.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

jpmcleod

Well in my opinion you got him agood one with the C-120. Hope him the best.

JimD

Well I'm certainly not a pro like some of the guys here, but I can say that is an incredible deal. And I like your thinking on giving it to your Grandfather. Excellent find! :D

Shuboxlover

You got a VERY good deal....tractor looks REALLY good....I bet your dad will be extremely happy!!!!!

rickv1957

Looks like a great buy there!! :D Rick

stevasaurus

I like it...looks great :D and from an old Navy guy...thank your dad for his service. :USA:

hodge

rueger, you are the posterchild for getting a smoking hot deal! For all the folks who post about how much should be paid for this or that tractor, we will forward them to this post. Tractors in great shape, with attachments to boot, for a great price- they still are out there! I just wish I had one or two down the road from my house! :D

KC9KAS

Good find!

I see the "watch dogs" protecting the horses!

145Automatic

Thats a great deal on a very good and complete looking C. It has the rear axil Tach-a-matic and rear attachment lift arm. Its ready for most attachments with the addition of a slot or clevis hitch. You and your father should enjoy that one. Thanks to your dad for his service to our country. :D :USA:

wingrider

Well that sure looks like a great find and a really nice gesture to let your dad have it to enjoy. You said that it had a 48" plow blade with it, if you would like to get rid of the plow blade I'd be interested in it. Let me know and we will try to work out a deal.

Thanks Wingrider

VinsRJ

You did well :D

horsefeathers

RUEGER-99, The tractor gods are smiling on you and your dad!

Thats not a deal, thats a deal of a life time!

I have a feeling this is ment to be, that :USA: will give your dad a new hobbie.

And countless hours of pleasure. Good for you to think of your dad like that!

Ohhh.. and once the horseflys bite you'll need a bigger garage! :D

:wh: HORSEFEATHERS!

rthomp26

Nice find sir!!! I'm a round hood guy and wouldn't have passed up that deal. I bet your dad will love those shiny hubcaps! I recently put a set on my 701, and my father in law who is of similar age, said years ago when they seen someone on a tractor with those shiny babies they knew he must have money!! :D