Sign in to follow this  
stoneman

36" RD Mower Deck

stoneman

I have the 36" rear discharge deck on my 78 C-81. I thought it was a newer model, because the paint didn't match, and i guess maybe it had been refurbed, or maybe it is a newer deck. The blades mount on the double d shaft with the keeper pins. I thought it was an 85-36MR01 until i got a closer look while trying to acquire gator blades. I also don't think it's a 81036R1. On the top I have the spindle covers on each end, but no cover in the middle.I notice the covers (2) on the 85-36MR01 cover all the way across. I wondered if I am missing a 3rd cover, as it looks like there are few holes where sheet metal screws once were. Is there a model # located anywhere on the deck itself? Or can someone tell me what that model # is. :D Once I'm sure of the model #, I'll check Jack's out to see if there is a gator blade available, or something close that I can do a little modifying to. Eventually I'd like to put a 42" RD on it. Thanks . . . scott :USA:

Don1977

I don't know anything about 36" deck but my quess is that you have a 75-36MS01. I have a 75-48MS01 that was bought with a 77 C-120 that had Double D spindles.

stoneman

okay . . . turns out it is the original deck. (95-35MR01) I put new standard blades on it the other day, and slip coated the underside of the deck. Although the spindle bearings all spin freely and seem tight, when I engage the blades it still seems a little noisy. Does any one have a line on new bearings? Or can I remove them and repack them. Thanks . . . scott :D:USA::wh:

some of you may find this link helpful . . .http://www.mytractorforum.com/images/re ... change.pdf

It is an attachments and interchangeability list by model year. (mower decks, snow throwers, tillers, etc.)

rickv1957

I thinking them 36" decks take the bearing cartridge assem available for 25.00 each,Rick

rueger-99

I just purchased a set from here;http://www.pressureparts.com/Pressure-Part-230-078.aspx

Made in China like everything else. :D

DrabHorse

Did you replace all three or just 1 or 2 ?

I have the same 36" deck on a 78 c-81 and it is also noisy, but the spindles feel okay turning by hand and are not loose. Just wondering if you replaced them yet and if it made a difference. I wish they had the normal kind of bearings on these 36" decks, or atleast a grease fitting. I think I might need a center double pulley too, although it fits snug on the spindle, it must not be snug enough or it has a bend or something because it has a sight wobble which causes the belt to flap around.

I think mine had two covers, one on each side.

SAM58

i have two of this type of deck SD, one i have refurb, and the other is in the welding shop.

one piece spindles can be found....

http://tewarehouse.com/7-04237

:thumbs: