Sign in to follow this  
the_rockin_robin

B-100

the_rockin_robin

I have a B-100 and have a couple of questions, that I hope someone can help out with:

1) What tire size should be on the rear of the tractor, when I got it, it had 22X7.50-12's... I didn't think that they were right so I put some 23X10.50-12's on it, now when I try to put the dirt/snow blade on it hits the rear tires not allowing it to go up to where it hitches to. Should I try to use narrower tires? Say like 23X8.50's or shall I expect the same outcome?

2) I have the plow originally from Wheel Horse Model#64 112 / Serial# 507042, I don't believe that this is the right plow for this tractor, how would I find out what it actually went to? Although with the 22X7.50's it fit!!!

3) How does the plow actually hook underneath the tractor, the guy that had it before me used a couple of replaceable chain links (can't think of the actual name), I had a B-80 once but made my own plow setup for it.

Thanks,

Rob :D

rickv1957

Hello and :D ,the 8.50 tire should work as the 22x7.50 was original,Rick

rmaynard

The rims should be 7 x 12's which normally accommodate 23 x 8.5 x 12 tires, either AG lug or turf tires. My B-100 came from the dealer with 23 x 8.5 x 12 Ag lugs. The wheel flanges should be installed so that the axles are flush with the outside edge of the flange.

Are you talking about a dirt/snow blade or a center mount grader blade? I don't know what would be hitting a snow blade.

If you can attach some pictures to show what the problem is, it might help.

Bob

:D

the_rockin_robin

Are you talking about a dirt/snow blade or a center mount grader blade? I don't know what would be hitting a snow blade.

Bob

:D

Thanks for answering so quick!!! snow/dirt plow... Where it hooks to the axle is where the frame to the plow hit's the tires.....

In the manual that I got to it, it shows how the deck hooks to the arm in the center/bottom of the tractor... Is this where the plow would also attach to?

A grader blade would be sweet, however I do not own one at this time!!!!

Thanks once again,

Rob

TT

Are the 10.50's on wheels from a different brand of tractor? It sounds like the back spacing (offset) is wrong for your tractor.

The blade is correct for your tractor, so that shouldn't be an issue - unless the rear axle mount is the older style that goes on the outside of the blade frame. (and the wheels are wrong)

Here's a picture of the "floating" (no down pressure) lift link hook-up for the dozer blades:

3e67e2dd.jpg

Kelly

I have a set of wide tires on the stock rims and I have to wiggle the blade a bit to get it in the mounts, but when in it clears ok I could use more room, your tires maybe ballooning, on the narrow rims.

And my B-100 auto came with the small tires

the_rockin_robin

Are the 10.50's on wheels from a different brand of tractor? It sounds like the back spacing (offset) is wrong for your tractor.

Yes, I do believe that the offset is wrong... I took the rims/tires off from my Craftsman GT18 while I'm restoring it and decided to put them on the Wheel Horse. Never crossed my mind that the "BACK-SPACING" would be off :D !!!

Ok my bad, guess I should have been paying more attention.

Thanks,

Rob