Sign in to follow this  
bell

Got a new toy!!! I mean tool... lol

bell

Picked this unit up today...

The first order of business is to replace the lovejoy connector. It is beyond trashed. Someone has had it apart and put the bottom 2 bolts in and then mounted the pump, securing it with just the top 2 bolts... this caused a alignment problem and I'm guessing it destroyed the rubber..... followed by the rest of the coupler. It doesn't look like it will be too bad to change, but a little standing on my head will be in order. It is pretty cramped behind the engine.

The hydraulics work fantastic. One of the lift cylinders is going to (eventually) need to be repacked, but it is functional and only drips at this point.

After I get the lovejoy and the transmission motor lined out, I will probably be buying a new set of tires and some paint for it.

I got to use it for a little bit before the lovejoy gave out... What a great little machine! :D

case_001.jpg

case_002.jpg

case_003.jpg

case_005.jpg

case_004.jpg

Horse'n Around

Hey Bell,

I have a question,whats a lovejoy? Ive never heard of it.

John

Indy w h

Nice toy there Jon!!! :USA:

Indy

P.S. Ya gotta love a good lovejoy coupler :D

wheel horse 1045

sweet

rickv1957

Nice one Jon,always liked them big case tractors! :D Rick

Gene_S

Thats one neat tractor Jon... :D

tranders

That's pretty cool. :D

Tgblanken

Nice Toy!!! I think they make one of the best small loader tractors. They will lift a ton!!!!

Terry

0819081917.jpg

bell

The lovejoy connector is the coupling between the crankshaft and the hydraulic pump... it has a metal "toothed" piece on the crank and the pump, with a rubber isolator in between... the name kinda makes sense when you think about how it fits together... :USA:

I'm really looking forward to playing..... er, uh.... I mean working with it. :D

Mrs. Ed

Cool new toy ! :D

Polly

Operator

Nice little unit! :USA:

But look at all the Horses! They turned their backs to it :D

Randy

clintonnut

All except those 2 in the corner! They wish they had engines too! You better do something for them John!

Nice unit! Are those 12" rims on the back?

Charlie

bell

Thanks guys!

The rears are 15"...

Kelly

Those are 15" rims, all my Case tractors had 16" but I never had a 600 series mine were 400's

Rollerman

Those are handy FEL machines Jon.

Your's even has the rear "HYD" pto & 3PH.

The rear hydraulic PTO is handy for a log splitter if you cut firewood.

The wide stance for operateing takes a little to get used to....nice 648 though.

bell

I removed the lovejoy coupler yesterday... I was NOT thinking love and joy... What a PITA to get out. There just isn't very much room to work in there. I was hoping that I could get it out without opening any hydraulic lines, but I had to unhook two.. just so I could get enough clearance.

case_002%7E0.jpg

From what I can tell, the mounting bracket alignment problem caused the pump coupler to loosen and slide towards the pump... causing a whole lot of carnage. Luckily, everything looks fine other than the lovejoy.

case_001%7E0.jpg

I drove to Terre Haute to get a new Lovejoy... Turns out, the pump coupler is a "custom" size (11/16") so I had to order it. It, along with a upgraded (blue) insert will be here in 7 to 10 working days. There was a bit of sticker shock ($120), but it would have been a LOT more through Ingersoll...

bell

The new Lovejoy is IN!!!!

I will probably find a drive motor for it, because it gets a little sluggish after you use it hard for awhile. It is still very useable when it heats up, just a little sluggish... so it's not a immediate concern.

I've been using the crap out of it around my place... :thumbs:

rickv1957

Jon,glad you got it up and going :thumbs: Rick

rustynut

git-r-done :thumbs:

Roger from southern Iowa

Those are hard working tractors.

You will find a ton of jobs to do with it. :thumbs:

Brrly1

Guys, I think this one was "Here today, Gone Tomorrow." I thought I read someplace where Jon found himself a " New Rat Rod " something about an old Dodge or something to that extent. He said the guy just happened to see a Case loader that Jon just happened to have. I may be wrong but like I say "Here Today, Gone Tomorrow". See Ya, Bye Burly :thumbs:

:D

Roger from southern Iowa

YUP!! I have a feeling you're right.

Case.....ALL GONE!! :thumbs:

Brrly1

Rodger, On occasion I actually read thru the entire post to see whats going on with some of these different posts and Jon always seems to have one thing or another going on. See Ya, Bye Burly :thumbs:

:D