Sign in to follow this  
SilviaMan

Mower deck repairs

SilviaMan

So here is what happened.

I was planning on making a new shell for my mower deck. I don't know the model number but is the old square style with rear discharge.

While I was mowing one day one of my tire chains came off and some how got tangled in my deck. This made a terrible noise and ruined the gears on the deck that drive the blades.

So, any way I purchased a "new" deck (actually 2 of them). I am using one while making the other perfect.

The issue I was running into was the part that attaches the deck to the tractor using the attach-a-matic ( I think thats what its called, no tools to install or remove the deck) was worn out. The rods that tension the belts simply had too much slop to perform their function. Here is a picture:

downsized_0521001132.jpg

The "new" deck had a similar problem years ago and someone tried to fix it. unfortunately this deck mounts different than mine.

So here is what I have come up with:

WHFix.jpg

I'm having a new shaft made for mounting and for the drive pulley to ride on, also having some threaded rods made up for adjusting belt tension.

Thought I would share my solution, I can't be the only one that has had this issue.