Sign in to follow this  
acsousa82

New Addition to Herd

acsousa82

Just picked up a sweet C-105 with a solid k241. (Thanks Lew :D ) I was looking to retire my 753 from lawn duty, it just broke my heart to see grass clippings on her. I wanted a WH with at least a 10 hp engine and wider deck, not to mention something a little more comfortable to cut 2 acres of grass. The c-105 not only had what I was looking for, but was the right price, next town over, and I met a REDSQUARE member! She needed a new battery but started right up w/ no smoking or knocks and rides smooth. I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could obtain a manual for this model (couldn't find manuals past 1977 on the yahoo group) and if the hi/low transmission took the standard sae90 or the like that the older unidrives use? Check out pics!!!! :USA:

Spring2010_28.jpg

Spring2010_29.jpg

Spring2010_30.jpg

Spring2010_31.jpg

tgranthamfd

Nice C, I really enjoy mine you will too. What's up with the spark plug in the exhaust pipe? I just redid my lighting system and charging system, along with a good tune up and it is a joy to drive. Mine is an 80 model, not sure what it was but it is a 145 8 speed now. :D :USA:

mavfreak

plug in exhaust? did they like flames out of pipe? only have i seen that on 50s hot rods

rickv1957

God looking C105 there!,Rick

acsousa82

Thanks Guys! :D

What's up with the spark plug in the exhaust pipe?

I'm told that there was once a flame thrower installed :USA: For now it makes for a good conversation piece, not to mention plugs up the nice hole that was drilled.

What viscosity tranny fluid do you guys recommend for the hi/low? SAE90?

Irv

I use the 85-120 in mine from Advance auto. Takes 2 qts.

formariz

It looks like you are becoming a tractor hoarder.Where did you pick up that habit? :D

stevebo

Alex,

Nice machine !! Question is which one will you use at the show to mow the field for Uncle Bo and I this year???

Suburban 550

Nice find, Alex. :USA: Good Luck with it. :D

VinsRJ

Nice find and good luck.

acsousa82

It looks like you are becoming a tractor hoarder.Where did you pick up that habit?

Something about an acorn not falling far from the mighty oak, or something like that. :USA:

Question is which one will you use at the show to mow the field for Uncle Bo and I this year???

hhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, I never had a choice before :D Either way Stevebo you will have a nicely cut lawn for that firepit. I think I heard something about adult beverages??????????????? :wh: