Sign in to follow this  
littleredrider

Tranny's that fit a Lawn Ranger

littleredrider

Well I got the brake drum off, lost the friggin' shift detent balls and cotter key spacer thingy for the shifter, tried to put it back together and something ain't right, it's bound somewhere and tired of screwing with it.

What tranny's other than the LR that will bolt up without a lot of fabbin'n??

TT

Go to this website:

Toro MPV

On the 11th line down ( "Transmission Model #" ) type in 5053 and click on the "Submit" button.

littleredrider

Already found the same info in the model years. None of which are around here.

Guess I'll have to print out the parts and try it again.....and find the bearings and cotter key...

MRM

You can get the ball bearing and key at your local hardware store,

stevasaurus

They are probably 1/4" ball bearings...ACE hardware carries them.

About .30 cents apiece. :D

Buzz

And where would "here" be? :D Someone on Red Square might be near-by and able to help if they knew what part of the country you are from.

littleredrider

Found the info on this site, of which said tractors aren't in this area. The way stuff rusts up here, probly disintegrated or gone the crusher when scrap prices were high.

So all I need is two 1/4" ball bearings?? They didn't look to be that big, but since they are cheap. Also need the roll pin that goes between the bearings, was calling it a cotter key in previous posts.

Drydock

I take it this is the Uni-drive Lawn Ranger, in which case they ALL (all uni-drives) will bolt to that frame. As long as they have one inch output sharts to fit your hubs. Or you can bolt on the heavier duty 8 speed with 1 1/8" output shafts, and different hubs and wheels.

littleredrider

That's what I wanted to do, but since I have another one, thinking of selling it. I'm still looking for an 8 speed, if I could find one, I'd swap tranny's and keep the 8 speed..

oldandred

And where would "here" be? :D Someone on Red Square might be near-by and able to help if they knew what part of the country you are from.

Buzz i think that one blew over his head

Buzz

Yep :D :USA:

littleredrider

Does this board get moderated??? I KNOW I put Binghamton NY in one of the posts, and now it's not in there. WTF is going on?!?!

I found the info on this site searching through the model list, and with those tractors, all of which were pre-65, I couldn't find one in my area.

Buzz

There are quite a few members from NY state, someone probably has the transmission you need. I know sometimes I'm sure I wrote something but for some reason it didn't appear. :D Gremlins...........

littleredrider

I placed an ad in the wanted, and found one that Rmaynard has. Just need to see what shipping would be. I work for Fedex Freight, should be OK.....

Does anyone have the parts numbers for the necessary seals/gaskets for the 103916 tranny?? Are the readily available??

pfrederi

Gasket 3912

Seals

100441 or CR 7410

100442 or CR 6105

100443 or CR11050 (axle you need 2)

I have all of them out in the shop and I am about 30 miles south of Binghamton just off 81...

Buzz

I don't think anyone asked if you have a transmission manual to help you out. If you don't, go here: https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm

Enter L-157 for model number and "none" for serial number. You can download the transmission manual.