Sign in to follow this  
scifi4all

1976 C-120

scifi4all

It is amazing to me that by just installing a new condenser and points. An engine that has been sitting for at least three years would start right up after only a few seconds of cranking.

This is my original post on the tractor 1976 C-120

I had to leave the choke on about halfway, but it ran like a top. I don't have the wheels on it at this time so I do not know how well the transmission works. But, I got the engine hot enough to drain it. Figured I should since it is probably 4 years old. It was a little dark.

IMG00102-20100510-1552.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

rmaynard

Good deal Royce. If you are having to choke it to run, first check your fuel filter and and make sure they are clean. If a carburetor rebuild is in your future, be sure to check the thread by T-Mo. He has a tutorial on proper rebuild of that carburetor. If I had seen it sooner, I would have save a lot of time rebuilding mine.

Bob

T-Mo's "Carburetor 101" post

scifi4all

Bob,

I had just downloaded them after seeing your post about the issues with the clogged needle. They are, how's the phrase "A picture is worth a thousand words".

I wish I had them last year when I rebuilt my carb on the '73. The manuals are great, but I love seeing something before perfoming it.

Unless there is a filter in the shut-off valve, installed in the bottom of the tank, this tractor has never had one. The gas line looks like, from the cracks, it is original. I have some new line, just wanted to see if it would start. Maybe I should have replaced it first.

:D

rickv1957

Have a tractor that sit for 40 years and started right up also,a NOS 68 Raider 10 :D Rick

scifi4all

Rick,

Based on the photos you have uploaded to this site, I would say that there is only a slight difference between your beautiful NOS's :wh: and the engine I was so suprised actually functioned without me :D . I think it might be a completely different level of care and maintenece:D

But thanks for your encouragement :USA: