Sign in to follow this  
mikem5000

314-8?

mikem5000

As stated in an eairler thread I just bought a 314-8 that a guy had already pretty much restored with the rear discharge deck...will post pics tomorrow of it.....but out of all the threads I have went through there's not alot of talk about this model.

Is it a model worth having? or is it something about it that people hate? Or just not that popular of a model?

Sorry for the questions but it's my first WH and the questions are just going around in my head wondering if I got a good model?

Ken B

Nothing wrong with a 314-8, lots of guys here have them. They are a great tractor. I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands! :D

Irv

314-8 is a great tractor. I have one with a 42" single stage blower on it and it works great, throws snow a mile.

rickv1957

Hello and :D The 314 is a great tractor, :USA: Rick

Duff

A good, solid tractor, Mike! They tend to be pretty reliable like all the 300- and 400-series machines, lots of them around, ready supply of parts both new and used, and they haven't really achieved "collector status" yet so there doesn't tend to be as much chatter about them. Don't fret - you've got a great machine and we're glad to welcome you among us!

:USA:

Duff :D

145Automatic

:D A 314-8 should be a solid tractor. It sound like the clutch spring may be missing, broken, or disconnected. See my attached (i hope) picture the rear fender and fender mount are removed becuse this 312-8 is being repaired. The spring is shown below and parallel to the green line on the picture. I hope this helps.

Attached Image

post-3-1273891705.jpg

• Like 1

mikem5000

:D A 314-8 should be a solid tractor. It sound like the clutch spring may be missing, broken, or disconnected. See my attached (i hope) picture the rear fender and fender mount are removed becuse this 312-8 is being repaired. The spring is shown below and parallel to the green line on the picture. I hope this helps.

Thats exactly what I was looking for thank you for the picture. Thats what I need..can I get that at a local mower dealer somewhere or can you point me to where I might get one?

I got to mow with it this morning and I love this tractor already. Glad I picked it up it sure beats my old box store Troy.

Fiddlestix

You might get by for a mowing by using a simple bungee cord hooked 'tween the pedal and the fender.

mikem5000

Thats exactly what I was looking for thank you for the picture. Thats what I need..can I get that at a local mower dealer somewhere or can you point me to where I might get one?

I got to mow with it this morning and I love this tractor already. Glad I picked it up it sure beats my old box store Troy.

Got it fixed today thanks to your post and showing the picture. Went to my local mower shop and found a spring that worked out perfectly. Now it feels alot better and no more lifting that pedal with my foot......

Thanks for the help.

buckrancher

I love both of mine 314-8 and 314H :D