Sign in to follow this  
Operator

Question for the D - guys

Operator

OK guys I keep looking at my 60" deck on my 520H then I look over at my D-200

then I go "I wonder?" If I change lift linkage would it fit and work right? My 520H would more than likely appreciate gettin rid of the weight, and my D would like to be a "lawn tractor" and cruise around on the grass.

Would it work?

Randy

rickv1957

Randy,Ive never done this swap but Im thinking it should work,see if you can swap your 48" brackets to the 60"and let us know how it works on the big D :D Rick

wh500special

Randy,

I'm pretty sure it works if you swap the hangers. It MIGHT be as simple as just swapping the front bar (the bar that engages the tachamatic) from one deck to the other. If you go to the yahoo wheel horse D club there was a thread about this very thing years ago. The primary limitation would be wheelbase, but I think the D's are long enough to squeeze the 60" deck under them.

Why WH didn't furnish these with a 60" deck is a mystery. Perhaps they didn't want to rob sales from the 3pt deck?

Steve

chris11

A buddy of mine has a d 250 with a 60inch deck. he doesnt use the deck anymore he pulls with the tractor.

billm78181

I have a 18 Auto, you take the mounts off tractor & flip so the slot goes to the front. Get a piece of bar stock to replace the front bar on the 60" deck, 2 collars to center on D frame, its wider. I trhink the belt #is wh1803. I mounted a spring loaded tensione on the deck & used the D standard front idler. Only problem l was had to retension the PTO spring in heavy grass clutch would slip {37 yr old sprig} Works out very well. When D's were new Wheel horse did not make a 60" oft there own, rear was a woods supplired mower.

rickv1957

Hello and :D sounds like a great mod to make the swap!,Rick

Operator

I have a 18 Auto, you take the mounts off tractor & flip so the slot goes to the front. Get a piece of bar stock to replace the front bar on the 60" deck, 2 collars to center on D frame, its wider. I trhink the belt #is wh1803. I mounted a spring loaded tensione on the deck & used the D standard front idler. Only problem l was had to retension the PTO spring in heavy grass clutch would slip {37 yr old sprig} Works out very well. When D's were new Wheel horse did not make a 60" oft there own, rear was a woods supplired mower.

First :D Newbie!

Then

Thanks for your information! I measured my clearence between the tires on my 200 and the on my 520, I have 1/2 inch more room on 200! I think [now know] it will work. I have the linkage off another D-deck so I can swap the right piece out.

Boy that 60" on my 520 sure makes the fuel gauge go down! But talk about nice mowing! I really like it. But to be easy on my 520 [my baby] I'll put the 60" on D and 48" back on 520.

Randy

Cody

Sounds like a neat project and be sure to post lots of pictures :D. I would love to do this to my D160.

billm78181

The brackets off of the 48" D deck are not strong enough to support the weight of the 60". When you set them side by side you will be able to see what I meant by getting a longer rod that goes into the tach-a-matic, after you flip the hangars.