Sign in to follow this  
horsefeathers

KRIMINAL 854

horsefeathers

Transmisssion submission, guys my 854 trans axle wouln't shift in any gear has been sittin' all winter. not broken just sittin'. Electrolsis on shafts, rust or arthritis? This has happend before but I was able to get it workin' by rollin' 'n rockin' but wouln't budge now! Was told to change oil, will that work or do I have to rip' er out and tear'er down? :D Want to get the "Kriminal" back in to society! :USA: HORSEFEATHERS!

Jim_M

Drain it, fill it with a 50/50 mix of ATF and diesel fuel. Try to rock it loose after a day or two. After it breaks loose, fill it with gear oil and you're done.

I'm betting you've never checked or changed the gear oil and it's full of water, The first time it stuck on you should have given you a clue that something was wrong.

VinsRJ

Drain it, fill it with a 50/50 mix of ATF and diesel fuel. Try to rock it loose after a day or two. After it breaks loose, fill it with gear oil and you're done.

I'm betting you've never checked or changed the gear oil and it's full of water, The first time it stuck on you should have given you a clue that something was wrong.

+2, Agree with this.

Duff

Much as you'd like to get the beast back on the road quickly, I strongly urge you to tear that tranny down and clean out the innards properly. My guess is that if it's been locking up like you describe and is really stuck this time, the problem inside is only getting worse. Might be worth it to disembowel it now while everything is still semi-salvagable rather than have a part or piece break off and tear up the whole tranny. :D

JMHO.....

Duff :USA:

rickv1957

Wheel horse trans can take lots of abuse but rust is the worst,Rick

horsefeathers

Kriminals owner is guilty as charged! 845 has been just sittin' past two years. The ol' boy has done hard time. And the warrden has been dishin' out punnishment! Duff yer right I think it needs taken down, but for now I like the quick fix, deisel fuel 'n ATF that'll loosen 'er up and may help when I break 'er down! This jailbird atin't goina' see freedom for awile! Thanks for the wake up call guys. :D HORSEFEATHERS!