Sign in to follow this  
Raider12

What did I drag home?

Raider12

Well........ I ended up buying this piece of equipment for the right kind of money (very little) And the runs like new. Looks a bit rough, but it will mow grass and I finding all kinds of attachments for it to including a 3 point hitch. Does anyone know much about this tractors? Were they a good tractor or piece of junk? Any input would be appreciated.

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

DoctorHfuhruhurr

I bought one last year for the wheel weights and tire chains but I liked it so much I decided to keep it. They seem pretty well made and it's grown on me. Mine also included a 3 point hitch and single bottom plow. I may buy another if I see one come up on Craigslist with a bunch of attachments. I've seen some online that have been restored and they look really nice. There are quite a few attachments for them if you

can find them. Yours looks really complete. Very Nice!!

Roger from southern Iowa

I don't have this model, but I have some Sears GT's . Thev are very well built and capable machines. As has been state, there are a LOT of attachments out there for them.

Very nice working tractors. :omg:

DoctorHfuhruhurr

a couple manuals ....

searstractor.com/manuals/tractors/91725510_Parts_List.pdf

www.oocities.com/wjbaker1/3phparts.doc

There's a blog of a restoration of an SS12 at www.searstractor.com under the Restoration menu on the left side of the page.

Raider12

Your right, it is a very complete machine. Thanks for the heads up on the manuals etc. These Im sure will be handy.

Ken B

I've owned quite a few Super Suburbans over the years. They are a pretty stout machine. The Tecumseh's that were on them are nice strong runners and quite capable of lasting a very long time. I do have a soft spot for them, I can remember way back in the day seeing them on the showroom floor at the Sear's downtown and sitting on them. (while Pop patiently waited on me) I always went for the one's that had the chrome hub caps on them. I was about 5 yrs. old. My favorite color is the blue metallic.

Raider12

In doing a little more research on these Im find out this is a 1970 model. But yet the 1970 should be blue and white not the orange. The 1969 is orange. But it has a 69 grill as well. Not much question to me that the colors are original (although the grill could be changed). So I figured this must be a very last on the line 69 or very early 70. Either way Im keeping it the orange.

rickv1957

Them ol sears tractors are well built,remember them when new!,Rick

Kelly

I just sold a sear just like that one two weeks ago, ran like a top, I got $250 for it, with no attachments, and sold the 3 point for $100 I've had a few of them very heavy duty, and lots and lots of attachment made for them.

pond195520032003

your tractor is a 1967 or 1968! send me the model number(in front of the shifter on the large shift pattern tag) starts with 917.XXXX and i will tell you the year! yes they are strong runners and i have had a lot of them and still do :D my brother also has a few and we probably have the largest attachments collection around!! good luck with your tractor and if you need any attachments? we just found another pile today and can go get them :USA:

Raider12

The number I have is a 91725520.

pond195520032003

Denvor, your sears is a 1969 for sure :D

Raider12

Denvor, your sears is a 1969 for sure :D

Thank you..... I appeciate you looking this up for me. By chance do you have a cover for the top of the mower deck? This deck measures 52" from outside edge to edge. I assume it is a 48" cut.

KC9KAS

From what I have read, the old SEARS are much, much better than the new Crapsmans.

Raider12

From what I have read, the old SEARS are much, much better than the new Crapsmans.

This thing looks like it's built like a tank (less the turet and tracks) :D