Sign in to follow this  
woody426

Hello

woody426

Hello all, my Name is Woody, I have been looking foe a good Wheel Horse tractor for a while and have found one near by on Ebay, any thoughts on this one

Ebay

Looks like it may be a good candidate for restoration.

KeithB

:omg: first is which one looks good to you? what will you use it for?

rmaynard

Hello Woody and :omg:

If I were closer to where that C-160 is located, I would be bidding on it too. It looks like a good choice. If you bid and are successful, RedSquare is where you will find anything you need to know about it.

Good luck.

Bob

tgranthamfd

:omg: I saw that one too. Wish it was in my neighborhood.

JimD

:omg: Woody!

Save Old Iron

:omg:

Realistically, I would expect that price to at least double before the auction is over.

Its a good solid model of :D heritage.

woody426

Thanks for the welcome guys, I stopped and looked at it on my way home yesterday, good solid tractor, has been "messed with " a little, some hacking on the wires and so on but all in all sounds solid no smoke looks like a good start. Brakes do not work, that concerns me a little but should be no hill for a climber.

mavfreak

Save Old Iron

Woody,

brakes are a no brainer and the wiring can be easily redone as needed.

keep an eye on it

W9JAB
Matorhorse002-1-1.jpg

VinsRJ

Good luck!

Duff

Woody, :omg: , and I agree completely with Chuck - nothing about brakes or wires that can't be worked through pretty easily....

Glad to have you aboard!

DUff

rickv1957

Hello and :omg: Rick

woody426

Woody, :omg: , and I agree completely with Chuck - nothing about brakes or wires that can't be worked through pretty easily....

Glad to have you aboard!

DUff

Yep, the brakes and wiring dont scare me, i just tend to notice the little things when looking at stuff. I'm watching this one close.

Roger from southern Iowa

:D Hope you get the tractor. :omg:

bitten

Hey Woody

Hello and :omg:

Hope you get this tractor. I thought about it but dont really have wheel horse money right now.

Suburban 550

:D Woody. Hope you get the tractor. Looks pretty good. :omg:

woody426

The 160 went for $935.00, having seen it in person and watched the guy trying to drive it with no brakes, it was too rich for my blood. Have a line on another one now toro

bitten

Woody

That is completely different from the C160 that you were looking at and at that price I would have to pass. The C160 that you were looking at is a Garden Tractor(GT) and thew second one is a lawn mower. There are all kinds of things you can do with a GT but you would be limited with the lawn mower. You are on the right path looking for a Wheel Horse and Im not sure what your needs are but I would hold off on the second one and find a heaver one.

P.J.

woody426

Woody

That is completely different from the C160 that you were looking at and at that price I would have to pass. The C160 that you were looking at is a Garden Tractor(GT) and thew second one is a lawn mower. There are all kinds of things you can do with a GT but you would be limited with the lawn mower. You are on the right path looking for a Wheel Horse and Im not sure what your needs are but I would hold off on the second one and find a heaver one.

P.J.

I am just looking for a toy right now, lawn mower, garden tractor isnt really important right now. I have a restored 1953 Ford Golden Jubilee that I bush hog, disc and plow with. What I'm looking for now id something to finish mow around the farmhouse with. I have a 21/50 White that I use at my primary home, but I have a small farm that has been in the family for years that I maintain and carrying the White back and forth is getting old quick. The plan is pick up an older unit to restore and keep at the farm. i have spotted two more candidates this morning.......

raider 10

and.....