Sign in to follow this  
churnee

Newbie from oh

churnee

Hello all!!

My name is Jon and I live in Toledo Oh right now but am in the process of buying a home in Adrian MI (GO BLUE!).

Going from a city lot to 10 acres will be a bit of a switch, but it will be nice to get outta the city. I guess that a push mower would work for that much land but figured it would probably be smarter to get a rider. Didn't want to buy something new because they don't make em like they used too! Looked on craigslist and found a 1983 C-125 8 speed that was owned by the guy that bought it new!! Came with a 42" deck, 38" snow blade and a 8" garden plow, all for $600. She is in pretty good shape and still runs fantastic!!! Only problem that I noticed is the steering tends to "skip" when going left. Hard to belive that the thing is only a year younger than me. Hopefully it will give me much enjoyment and I can eventually pass it down to my kids.

This place is awesome! Lots of info and Im sure I will be posting many questions when it comes time to restore!!!

DSCN0727.jpg

DSCN0729.jpg

DSCN0730.jpg

mavfreak

Nice tractor. :omg:

Why wolverine?

churnee

the Ohio State Buckeyes.....and the Michigan Wolverines. Cant stand the buckeyes, even though I live in Ohio. Its a big college football rivalry!!

W9JAB
Matorhorse002-1-1.jpg

Brrly1

Jon, First off Welcome to Red Square. Second off sorry about your choice of teams. You'll fit right in with one of the biggest Wolverine fans I know which is Duke of Niles. Oh that's Niles, Michigan. He probably thinks he's a Duke but he's a good ol'boy for sure. I am not a Michigan or Ohio State fan but I certainly love my Hawkeyes. That's a good looking tractor you have there and picked up for some decent money. You'll have to get out and hit some of the shows. You'll have a great time. Pay attention to the Square as most of the swap meets and tractor shows get listed. Have a Great day. See Ya, Bye Burly :D:omg:

:D

Roger from southern Iowa

That is one VERY nice black hood tractor.

I'm not going to get into the college team thing, be a fan of your favorite. :omg:

With the attachments you got with the tractor and being a one owner, I feel you did very well.

Just a warning, be prepared to own more than just one :D . It's an addiction!

Hope you have a shed on the acreage for the horse(s). :D

KeithB

:omg: nice C-125 :D

JimD

A Wolverine? Aw, :D anyway! :omg:

rickv1957

Hello and :omg: Rick

bk-scouter

Well Churnee, all I have to say is welcome to your new home and best of luck with your transition to Michigan. :D I've haven't heard of anyone moving to our fair state in a long time. Lately in this present economy, people are leaving Michigan. :D

Anyways, good looking tractor. You should have plenty of years left in it, and plenty of new and used parts around if you need them.

By the way, take it from another U of M fan, just because your getting away from those Buckeyes, doesn't mean the flack will end. Dealing with the Sparties up here are worse... :omg:

GO BLUE

-BK

gwgdog66

:omg:

Duff

Hi, Jon, and :D !

Great looking tractor you got there, and sounds like it was a fair price!

I saw your mention of the steering "skipping". Could be either the fan gear or the gear at the end of the steering column has a worn or chipped tooth, or maybe the mounting block that holds the fan gear and shaft in place has loosened up or snapped. When you're ready to tear into your machine, let us know - it's not an insurmountable project to fix, and there are plenty of people here to halp you through it.

Glad to have you aboard!

Duff :omg: