jpmcleod

C-120 and C-175

jpmcleod

I had a chance yesterday to stop by and look at two Wheel Horses for sale setting in a pasture. Kinda been there a while. The owner is older than me (he's elderly, I'm just old) and his health is bad. He told me that if I could get the C-175 running so that he could operate it he would give me the C-120. He has circulation problems in his legs and can't work the clutch on the C-120. The C-120 is really not bad but the C-175 looks kinda rough. Hope I can keep my end of the bargan and get it going. He also said that if his health prevents him from operating the C-175, I could eventually have it. I wish him well as I can wait on the C-175. He bought both of them new.

Maybe this weekend when I get them home, I can take pictures of the two of them and all of my other horses and post them. I need to learn how to do that. I have a new camera but never used it.

Raider12

Nice like a good opportunity to make a friend and earn a nice tractor.... or 2. Hope all goes well and getting it to run isn't to difficult. :omg:

stevasaurus

What a great story...sounds like a win/win. :omg:

We will walk you through the picture posting thingy. Like hanging garage doors...the first one takes a while...the second one is a piece of cake. :D

KeithB

Sounds like :omg: a nice deal, and will be a kind deed, helping the old guy out and God will bless you both :D

• Like 1

bo dawg

Sounds like :D a nice deal, and will be a kind deed, helping the old guy out and God will bless you both :D

:omg: :D

rickv1957

Good deal there! :omg: Rick

19richie66

Well I get to update one of my Dad's threads. For those of you who were not familiar with my Dad, he posted this back in 2010 but never got a chance to enjoy the fruits of his labor. The gentleman that he fixed up the C175 for passed away four months prior to my dad. His wife had been cleaning up around the house and remembered that they had promised dad the tractor if something happened to her husband. She had no idea that dad passed away also. So one and a half years later, she found my dad's phone number and called for him only to find out she was too late. So I ended up calling her to find out if she would sell me the tractor and she said no. She said she would give it to me as she had promised dad. So, today I brought her home. As of right now all I know is it is a C175 auto with the KT17 series one motor and a Sunstrand 90 rear axle assy. Dad had posted it being "rough" so I had plans on using the rear axle setup in my ratitude tractor. When I got there and saw it, those plans changed. It needs some tlc but it is all there. She even has the original paperwork somewhere that she will give me when she finds it. She also has all the pics and emails my dad and her husband sent back and forth during dad's "restoration". Kind of a happy ending, just wish dad was here to share in it. Thanks, Richie

post-9187-0-72788500-1409786364_thumb.jp

post-9187-0-94315900-1409786395_thumb.jp

post-9187-0-63673700-1409786428_thumb.jp

post-9187-0-20097000-1409786464_thumb.jp

post-9187-0-46741100-1409786487_thumb.jp

post-9187-0-87277000-1409786520_thumb.jp

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 4

WH nut

Sorry to hear about your Pops. Nice memorial for him

AJ_Thanatos

That is an amazing story!! Sorry to hear about your Dad.. 

Sounds like the Horses are in good hands tho.  :handgestures-thumbupleft:

SousaKerry

Nice story but I am wondering about the hood on the tractor.  I have never seen a 175 with gills in the top or cut out that way.  Being that the tractor has a Sunstrand that would make it an early production 1980.  I wonder of the hood actually came from a B series machine and someone chopped it to fit???

19richie66

Thanks. Yeah I posted about the hood in another thread. Apparently it is a B series hood my dad bought to go on it. I remember trimming a hood for him but couldnt figure out if this was it. Now I know. It will stay on the tractor but the seat has got to go.

stevasaurus

Richie, I'll bet Jerry is looking down and sharing all this with you now.  :)

• Like 3

CasualObserver

Thank you for digging up this old post for an update.  I'm sure your dad would be thrilled!

Wheel-N-It

My heart goes out to you for the loss of your Dad. My Dad passed away in 2011, Mom in 2013. Its sweet though how the tractor your Dad brought back to life is now in your hands. Think of all the bolts and screws you will be turning that your Dad also turned. :)

jackhammer

What goes around - comes around  ,,, Thanks