Sign in to follow this  
boovuc

Frankenstein Wheel Horse!

boovuc

Hi Guys,

TT already knows I was going to rescue a horse that was on a trailer to be taken to a local scrap yard. Actually there were two on board but the one was beyond bad! (Got a few parts off of it, though). With the help of a friend, I wheeled it from the scrap trailer to mine and took it home. It was stored for 5 plus years in a garage out of the weather and was told by the PO that the motor needed rebuilt.

After getting it home, I found it had Wheel Horse 876 decals over an older set of decals. On the belt guard..........you could make out "1045" on the emblem stamp. On the front hood, the emblem read "Wheel-O-Matic". Under the hood was a Kohler K181S, Serial #A185781.

Now........the ID tag under the hood says...............T 657!! (It is a 4 speed rear and I even doubt it's original).

Wow! What a machine! Hey! It was free, it has a great rear-discharge deck and I saved the deck from the other tractor. All the sheet metal is there including the motor and generator shroud. All in great condition. (The decals helped protect it)! :D

It started life as a 1967 T657. God knows if it will start. I haven't had time to try. Kind of scared to try it. I feel I need to hook it up to a lightning rod during a thunder storm and scream, It's Alive! It's Alive! :omg:

Boovuc

Mill Hall, PA

VinsRJ

As long as it stays alive, thats all that matters. :omg:

rickv1957

Sounds like a somadis and somadat :omg: Rick

Kelly

What no pictures of the rescued mutt???

bo dawg

yeah! :omg: :D

mavfreak

:omg: :D

wheel horse 1045

NO PICTURES(your fired) :omg:

barns1

My B60 is like that. It has a 16hp Kohler on it. Saved it from being made into dog food and glue though.

boovuc

Sorry. Of course you want to see pictures! What was I thinking??

4521960559_f77f6a8c9c_o.jpg

4521975749_10552eb9ba_o.jpg

Kelly

Not to bad for a pile o parts.

mavfreak

can't believe that was getting tossed

Duff

...and the Lord said, "Let there be duct tape!" And it came to pass, and it was good, and a million people rose up in great glee and rejoicing.....

Duff :omg:

bo dawg

Wow!, who in their right mind could even think to throw it to the scrap yard :omg: Oh well...shes in good hands now.

VinsRJ

...and the Lord said, "Let there be duct tape!" And it came to pass, and it was good, and a million people rose up in great glee and rejoicing.....

Duff :omg:

To funny, at first glance I thought that there was a seat cover on it.... at second glance is when it settled in that it was duct tape :D

TT

Pretty nice, Boo. :D

Did you decide to keep it now? :omg: :D

Gene_S

I guess in this case... Nice Save instead of nice find... You did find it, but you sure saved it! :omg:

Funny how some one could tape off most of the hood decal but not all of it... :D

boovuc

Great comments. I think it's a great save. And Terry.......I think you'll still be seeing this tractor. :omg: