Sign in to follow this  
algrc120man

trike front end

algrc120man

hey guys ive seen the pics of the trike front ends that some of you have built a fellow up the street from me does his deeres this way [not a deere fan] myself how do you do this if i may ask or maybe just a few tips :omg:

algrc120man

hey gene nice looking tractor still not sure about the wheel spindles or the front unit what is this part made from or did you fabricate the entire thing thanks jamie :omg: :D

Gene_S

Jamie I've never seen a kit for anything to do with a trike front end. I made it all myself. I looked at a few others that had been done while at tractor shows and put it together. Here is a picture of the begining materials.

TricycleMaterial.jpg

The channel iron fits up into the frame. 3/4 round made the front spindles and the main spindle. There was some machining to do this not just cut weld and done. Hope this helps ya out.

algrc120man

thanks gene i think maybe i will put this idea off for a bit due to planting season when i get more time i will get back with you :D :omg:

Michael Bullington

nice work gene...you should make a few of those up...probably sell a few :omg:

horsefeathers

Haasman35, Love the tricyles, thinkin'of buildin'one myself! Got a couple 'ol round hood carcases layin' around. The front axle looks easy enough. What degree angel are the spindles set to get the tires leaning over, and how is the rear sprocket and borgeson joint tied to the frame? also did you use tappered roller bearings or low speed push in bearings? Thanks for your help, and BTW yer tricyle is lookin' very nice! :omg: HORSEFEATHERS!

Gene_S

HORSEFEATHERS the bearings are all standard front wheel bearings that Wheel Horse and many others use. The main spindle has one top and bottom and the steering set up has one on top. as for the steering, I made a plate that bolts in the same holes as the original steering block so there is no extra drilling. Just some cutting! As for the angle, I'm not sure I just bent it where it looks good.

Brrly1

Gene, somewhere here on the internet I have seen pictures of the motor sitting in place. So inquiring minds want to know is the Tri-cycle making th big trip to Mentone this weekend? See Ya soon, Later Bye Burly :omg:

:D

horsefeathers

Thanks for the info, very helpful! Picked up a few 'ol swayback roundhoods, not much to brag about so great for this conversion! Gota' restore my 854 first but, I'd like to get some ground work started on a trike! I'll holler back at ya' when I need help! Can't wait to see yours done, Have fun! :omg: HORSEFEATHERS!

Gene_S

The little trator will be staying home this weekend Burly... I don't have room to haul it to Mentone... If I did take it, and some one offered me a good price on it... Well I don't want to be tempted!!!

Good luck horsefeathers you find it's really not that hard to make a trike... But if I can help just give me a shout!!!