Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

2nd Great lakes Wheel horse show

Brrly1

Kelly, Can't wait, sounds like alot of fun from what I have heard from Refracman. Sounds like he will be setting up on Friday. I think he is bringing a few extra guys along with tractors. How many tractors did you have last year and how many do you think we could get up there this year? Talk to you soon.

See Ya, Bye Burly :thumbs:

:D

bitten

I am planning to be there. Now if I can only find the bolts to put the 310-8 back together I might bring it :thumbs: :D

Kelly

Zip ties and duct tape, you will be all set, TSC sells bolts.....

stevasaurus

Kelly...do you have the web site or hand bill for the show with all the information and places to stay?

ducky

as the plans stand now ill be going with my 400"550" suburban. :thumbs:

HankB

I'm really hoping to be there and even bring something to show. Maybe I'll haul my 314-H up so my son and I can work on the generator mount. That'll help make it worth the extra tolls. (*) Maybe I can fit the tractor in the bed of the truck.

(*) My vehicles all cost typically $0.40 for most Illinois tolls. I used to think we were getting screwed when wife and I had to pay $0.80 to get our two bikes through a typical toll booth. That was before I realized that hitching my little single axle trailer causes the toll to go from $0.40 to $2.25! :D :thumbs:

perry

Kelly...do you have the web site or hand bill for the show with all the information and places to stay?

fairgrounds & camping info - eaton county fairgrounds

1:

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlotte - 1 miles away

500 Meijer Street, Charlotte, MI 48813 US

Website (877) 410-6681

Super 8 Motel Charlotte - 0.9 miles away

828 E Shepherd St, Charlotte, MI 48813 US

Website (517) 543-8288

Crestview Motel - 2.4 miles away

1865 Lansing Rd, Charlotte, MI 48813 US

Website (517) 543-3610

Comfort Inn - 1.78 miles away

1302 E. Packard Hwy., Charlotte, MI 48813 US

Website (517) 543-7307

Kelly

Thanks Perry

dclarke

kelly, just booked a hotel. planning on being there sometime friday with my 701. this will be my first show, lookin forward to it. Denny.

Gerry w

Kathy and I will be there Saturday and part of Sunday, looking forward to meeting more of you folks!

Kelly

Wow I'm glad to hear you all are going to make it, this is not as big or eventful as the PA show but we have to start someplace and with more people coming it will grow fast.

Later tonight I will post a few pictures of the Raffle prizes I have so far.

Kelly

Here is pic's of the tires and wheels going to be raffled off, $1 a ticket, retail value at around $250 what a bargain, I blasted the wheels, then coated them with epoxy primer for bare metal, (the wide wheels are not for sale) then I will this coming weekend prime again with a primer surfacer and sand to make them smooth then paint with automotive paint mixed with the WH linen beige codes, I've sprayed other wheels with it and it is a very nice match, then I will mount the new Carlisle 23x8.5x12's on them with new valve stems, I'll even throw in some MI. air so they are not flat, they will be ready to mount on your machine should you buy the winning ticket, I have second and third place prizes also, maybe even back as far as forth, we will see, all profit from the raffle will go back into next years show, so if you want this show to keep going buy tickets. I fund this whole show (WH part) out of my pocket, I can't do that forever.

Blasted clean

100_2887.jpg

Primed with epoxy

100_2889.jpg

New rubber

100_2891.jpg

perry

lookin good, count me in for a strip of tickets :thumbs:

dclarke

Kelly, p. m. sent.

Gerry w

Need to know if anyone is going by Rollermans house on their way to the show?? I've purchased Pat's creation 1047 and it needs a ride to the show if possible?? I will be there Sat. and part of Sunday, hoping for a Saturday pickup!

Stephen, THE Rollerman...dude, lives in Millersburg IN., near South Bend.

Thanks in advance!

Gerry :thumbs:

Kelly

If the tractor can make it to my house before the show it can stay here till then, Rollerman is about 1.5 hours south of me, I'm 5 min. from the show.

Gerry w

email sent

perry

Need to know if anyone is going by Rollermans house on their way to the show?? I've purchased Pat's creation 1047 and it needs a ride to the show if possible?? I will be there Sat. and part of Sunday, hoping for a Saturday pickup!

Thanks in advance!

Gerry :thumbs:

maybe put this in the haulin section on the main RS page ? might get more views .

Eriks Red horse herd

Hey kelly! I will be there also. Will try hard to digout the odd ball attachments and mix up the tractors this year also. If'n ya need some help give me a holler, ya got my number.

Gerry w

Thanks in advance!

Gerry

Gerry w

People on these sites are amazing!!! :thumbs:

Scott has offered to pick it up as well as other parts going to other folks and bring all to the show! Thank you Scott!!

It makes my wife and I shake our heads with amazement on how folks are so willing to help each other out on this and other sites. This is a great, and fun hobby, for me a necessary one as I get older and I'm using more and more of these rigs to help with the chores, and upkeep of our land. But what really makes it worthwhile, and a great deal of pleasure, is the folks you meet, in person and on line, who are so willing to give of themselves and their time.

I never would have guessed any of his two years ago as I purchased my first wheel horse.

Thanks to all.

Gerry

And I'll be the guy with the BIG grin and Viking shirt on at the show!!

whfan74

I might have to pick it up early Gerry to make sure it drives good enough for you! :thumbs:

perry

that is good to hear gerry :thumbs: .

i was amazed how kelly got a tractor hauled from CT to MI last year. or maybe it was 2yrs ago, hell i dont know :D .

ducky

well it dosen't look like ill be able to attend. :thumbs::D as bad as i want to. i just can afford it right now. i'm still not working.. well u guys have a great time and ill have to go to the next one.

canam1991

2 1/2 weeks can't wait to win those tires lol