perry

mustang tractor

perry

my 2 mustang mowett tractors

april14038.jpg

april14037.jpg

WH800018.jpg

Kelly

I only seen one when I was there? out back.

Sparky

Boy their small. And are yer feet supposed to be placed right on the deck? I had a small Huffy as a kid( didnt we talk about that on chat last night) but it didnt have a deck as far as I can remember. Not sure where our feet went.

So are they gettin restored or left as yard ornaments?

Mike.........

Rollerman

Pretty neat Perry...seen the wright up on one in the L&G Collector that just came out.

I believe a collector in NY had the one in the mag?

WH_Hobie

The neighbor kid has one of those with the small 4 speed gear box and go kart tires on it and wheelie bars up in the air to make it ride wheelies and my dad had ridden it you can ride a wheelie almost 2 blocks :thumbs:

Sparky

Hard to imagine that little gear box can handle it.

Mike.........

Greg B.

Are those "Ag" tires factory, Perry? :thumbs:

Greg B.

TT

We went through about 3 transmissions in the build-up, Mike. :thumbs:

The seat was lowered and braced, larger rear tires were installed, and the wheelie bars were welded up high enough that when the front tires would come off the ground, you could ride on them and the rear tires of the mower. (you kind of had to lean back a little -- with one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the governor arm! :D )

I rode a continuous wheelie on it for about two "town" blocks. (a little shorter than a city block, but not by much! :thumbs: )

Nick

Perry, Cool looking little tractors you have there. Did Mustang also build a tractor with a steering bar instead of a wheel? Im sure I was on a Mustang that about ran over my Dad back in the ealry 80s. :thumbs: He was working on it when I stepped on the clutch pedal but on that model you stood on the pedal to make it go. :thumbs: I also think it only had forward and reverse not sure if any other gears.

Nick

Sparky

I had one of those Nick. It was called a Sunbeam Mower.

Mike.........

perry

I only seen one when I was there? out back.

hey kelly, you walked right passed the yellow one. it was on the side of the house with the dumpster raider. so little, prombaly half buried under snow still.

ya we were talkin these last night. told karl i would throw a few pics up.

they are yard ordiments right now. prombaly going to be ebay parts canidates.

CasualObserver

I rode one of those at a VGTCOA event a couple years back.... didn't have a clutch, and yes, forward neutral and reverse was all it had. Nearly dumped my butt off the back of it! :thumbs:

T-Mo

I have seen pictures of those, but never one in person. It's cute, but it's small. And Perry, as Greg asked, is those "ag" tires? :thumbs:

pond195520032003

I believe these were either built by PenCraft or Massey Ferguson, or similar :P i saw a couple massey mustangs a few years ago and believe that is what these are :D:thumbs: as for the ag tires, they are original solid tires, no flats :D :thumbs: