Sign in to follow this  
Save Old Iron

C175 Safety switches

Save Old Iron

Does anyone have any pictures of how the brake pedal interlock switches and seat safety switches are mounted and positioned.

I'm trying to redo this tractor to include the switches if at all possible. Seems they have both been totally removed and the wiring changed. Rewiring is no problem. I'm just curious where I should start with the hardware needed to remount the switches to their original locations.

Thanks.

jpmcleod

I have a C-175 completely torn down and can't remember if all the switchwes were there. If no one else replys to you, I will look when I get home and let yopu know tonight.

baerpath

I have another c175 you can copy from, all the switches are on it. I'll get a picture when I get home

Duane

C-Series14

I can help too, just worked on mine to adjust the brake pedal. Mine was hard to engage the switch to start it, Was pulling my hamstring everytime I started the darn thing! :omg:

If after seeing Duanes pics you still need info, let me know...

Save Old Iron

Thanks guys.

the current brake pedal interlock appears to be the switch outlined in yellow.

Clever, but why bother with a switch to bypass it ?

C175049_640.jpg

The picture I'm looking for is for the original position and harware involved with mounting the brake pedal interlock switch.

:omg:

C-Series14

To get a good picture, I could take some of my panels off but let me try to help with words first...If you look in front of the left rear tire where the tranny and frame bolt together, towards the top. Right above where the brake rod goes thru the metal side panel there should be a hole. That is where the switch is. When you depress the brake, the pawl moves aft and hits the little metal defector and compresses the switch. In your pic, it is right behing the footrest upright. I am going out to mow with mine but if Duane doesn't get a pic, I can.

Save Old Iron

Mike.

DO NOT take yours apart - this one is completely apart for a rebuild.

Now that I have a general idea where to locate the mount for the switch. Let me post another pic to zero in on the final location.

Picture to follow later tonight.

Enjoy the day.

Save Old Iron

Mike, I guess what I need to get the interlock switch to mount / work is not present in either of these pics?

IMG_1018_640.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

C-Series14

If you look at the bottom pic, right above the pawl, the piece with the teeth on it for the parking brake, you will see a couple rivets securing a broken piece of metal. That is the piece that is depressed by the pawl which in turn presses the button on the interlock switch which is located in the hole in the side panel to the left of those rivets. (In the lower pic). I am at work on my Droid so this has been cool typing this!!!