Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Ct. Show

Sparky

Hey guys. Heres a link to a show in Ct. I have never been before so this year will be my first, but I have heard its a good one.

http://www.ctamachinery.com/2004FallFestival.html

I'll be takin an empty trailer so heres to hopin I can score somethin red.

Mike.....

kj4kicks

Mike, that's a little too far from me, but it looks like a nice show. Think RED !!

nylyon

Hey, finally a show close to home. This one is only about 30 minutes away. What day are you going Mike, I just might take a trip up. Great area too!

Sparky

I'll be at the show on Sunday Karl. Maybe I'll see ya there.

Mike........

nylyon

Just have a couple of Soccer practices to attend to. Have to check the time, but sure sounds like it would be nice to go and see ya again.

nylyon

Mike, you still thinking of going?

Sparky

Yep I'm definately going Sunday. Gonna try to be there at 10 when it starts. You going??

Mike.........

nylyon

going to try and get there. The 2 little ones have a Soccer game in the morning so I wouldn't be able to get there until the afternoon.

Sparky

I'll e-mail ya my cell#. Call me when ya get there.

But lets lay down some ground rules first.

#1.. You have first dibs on all C-160 hydros for sale

#2.. I have first dibs on all "83" Black Hoods

Mike.....(I sense a horse wrangler going to the show :D )....

nylyon

Not looking good for Sunday. Sean has a party to attend at 3:00. Between that and the soccer, there's not enough time to go. Hope you have a great time.

Karl missing yet another show...... > :D

Sparky

Well thats a bummer :D . I'll try to remember my camera but usually I'm halfway to wherever I'm going before I remember it.

So if I understand your message it sounds like all WH's for sale at the show are mine :P ???

A guy I work with (Cub Cadet guy) was going untill yesterday when he called and backed out.

Mike....with no date this weekend

nylyon

I'm bummed, wanted to go and such a beautiful part of the state too. Great waterfalls with hiking, quaint little villages and pretty close to home. Well have a great time, if plans change for what ever reason (think rain in the morning.....) then I should be able to head on up.

nylyon

Well...... how was the show, did you get anything interesting?

Sparky

Well I went to the show today. There wasnt a single Wheel Horse for sale. There wasnt a single Wheel Horse attachment for sale. And lastly there wasnt a single Wheel Horse part for sale and believe me I double checked!

But the weather was perfect and the ride up was great. I decided to leave real early and take almost all backroads and avoid the hi-ways. With no kids or wife in the truck I was able to put in my favorite George Strait cd (not Hanna Montana that my daughter likes or the nasty screamin stuff my son likes :D ) and just enjoy the ride and the scenery. On display were 2 D-250's that a guy was using every day in his landscaping business and another guy had a pair of late 50's nut-roasters. There were lots of Cub Cadet tractors and CC stuff for sale as well as the usual rusty trinkets that these shows attract.

On display there were lots of hit-and-miss engines that were doing stuff such as running saw mills and wood splitters and water pumps. Large farm tractors were all over the place as well as antique cars and lots of Model "T" type stuff. They even have a real steam driven train that was giving rides.

So I would have to say that even with the total absence of Wheel Horse stuff for sale it was a great show and I had a real good time snooping thru all the vendors stuff. I almost bought a 5.5hp Honda horizontal shaft engine to use on a short frame 60's tractoir if I ever got one without a motor but I decided against it.

Mike........

nylyon

It certainly was a nice day for a show, still sorry I missed it eventhough not much Horse stuff there. That part of CT is really nice, years ago, I used to take nice long drives through there stopping at the falls and doing a little hiking. Well, maybe next time.

T-Mo

Sounds like you had a good time. I spent the last two days on carpentry stuff, i.e. vinyl siding, putting in a new door, etc. Didn't have any time to spend to the horses or for that matter, the deeres. Though I did get the JD 210 out yesterday along with the JD 10P cart to put away some tools.